Get error "License not found..." in the wpf application

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
dqrest

Get error "License not found..." in the wpf application

Post by dqrest » Thu 19 Nov 2020 05:58

Hello, I followed the official instruction of licensing the application (https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... nsing.html).
I get the error "License not found..." in the wpf application, but at the same time there is no this error in the asp.net web application.

Now I give the algorithm of compilation.

1) open cmd window and locate to some folder "A"
2) add the file "Devart.Data.Oracle.dll" to the folder "A"
3) add the file "licenses.licx" with the content "Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection, Devart.Data.Oracle" to the folder "A"
4) add the file "licenses.config" with the content "Wpf.exe Asp.dll" (each application is placed in the new line)
5) execute the command "lc /complist:licenses.licx /target:App_License /i:Devart.Data.Oracle.dll /outdir:." in the folder "A"
6) add the generated file "app_license.licenses" to wpf and asp.net applications as a embedded resource.

After launching asp.net web application there is no any error, but in the wpf application I catch the error "License not found...". Note that I use dotConnect for Oracle Professional 9.13.1098.
How to solve this problem?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Get error "License not found..." in the wpf application

Post by Shalex » Thu 19 Nov 2020 18:50

You should generate two separate license resources for two applications of different types:

1. WPF Application

Code: Select all

"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe" /target:YourWPFApp.exe /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\Devart.Data.Oracle.dll"
2. ASP.NET Web Application (place licenses.config in the folder with your licenses.licx)

Code: Select all

"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe" /target:YourWebApp.dll /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\Devart.Data.Oracle.dll"
Refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... ml#compile.

dqrest

Re: Get error "License not found..." in the wpf application

Post by dqrest » Wed 25 Nov 2020 06:26

Thanks!