EFCore Oracle: Keyword not supported 'license key'

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Markus_LudwigMeister

EFCore Oracle: Keyword not supported 'license key'

Post by Markus_LudwigMeister » Wed 06 May 2020 16:10

Hi,

I've created a new .NET Core 3.1 API Project using dotConnet EFCore to connect to our database.

I set up a new Model using the Entity Developer wizard.

So far everything worked fine except that I got a feature not supported license error when retrieveng data. I found out that I have to add the activation key to the connection string since I added the devart packages via nuget.

So I have added our activation key as described in the licensing documentation into the connection string in the edps file like this (note: i have replaced sensitive infos by OUR_...):

Code: Select all

<Connection ConnectionString="User Id=OUR_LOGIN;Password=OUR_PASSWORD;Server=OUR_SERVER;Connect Mode=Default;Direct=True;Sid=OUR_SID;Port=1500;Persist Security Info=True;License Key=OUR_ACTIVATION_KEY" Provider="Devart.Data.Oracle" />
So far everything worked properly.

Now I wanted to update my model from database using the Entity developer but I get an error saying Keyword not supported = 'license key':

What did I do wrong? How can I fix it? I didn't find an option adding the license key during the creation of the model/connection string in the wizard.

Thanks and best regards
Markus

Markus_LudwigMeister

Re: EFCore Oracle: Keyword not supported 'license key'

Post by Markus_LudwigMeister » Thu 07 May 2020 07:59

Okay got it working.

I had to check "Use the connection string from appsettings.json" in the model settings and add the connection sting in the appsettings.json including the activation key.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards and stay healthy!
Markus