dotConnect for Oracle 9.10 is released!
Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for Oracle 9.10, Devart ADO.NET data provider for Oracle with support for Entity Framework, LinqConnect (LINQ to Oracle) and NHibernate. The new version offers you support for Entity Framework Core 3.1.
After Microsoft released Entity Framework 3 only for .NET Core 3 (.NET Standard 2.1), it caused certain criticism because of not supporting Full .NET Framework. Microsoft reacted to this criticism by making Entity Framework Core 3.1 compatible with .NET Standard 2.0, and thus, allowing developers to use it in projects, targeting Full .NET Framework as well as .NET Core.
So finally we also can support Entity Framework Core 3 for Full .NET Framework too, and we have added this support to all of our ADO.NET providers for cloud apps and for major databases.
dotConnect for Oracle now includes a new Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.EFCore.dll assembly for Entity Framework Core 3.1 support on Full .NET Framework. You can find it in the \Entity\EFCore3 subfolder of the provider installation folder.
dotConnect for Oracle also keeps supporting Entity Framework 6, and we have updated it to support Entity Framework 6.4.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 9.10.909 features:
- Visual Studio 2019 version 16.5 Preview is supported
- The bug with using the OracleDbType.VarChar parameter with length greater than 1333 symbols on Oracle 12.1 with NLS_CHARACTERSET=AL32UTF8 in the Direct mode is fixed
- The bug with using Toolbox component OracleDataSource in web projects of Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 is fixed
- The bug with enabling Devart DataSet Editor in Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2019 is fixed
- The bug with using Toolbox component DbLinqDataSource in web projects of Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 is fixed
- The 12cR2 option is added to the list of available Oracle versions in Model Synchronization Settings
- The bug with truncating long names to 30 symbols for Oracle Server 12.2 and higher by Update To Database Wizard / Generate Database Script Wizard is fixed
- The bug with creating one-to-one association basing on an optional FK in EF Core Model is fixed
- The bug with code generation for oneOrZero-to-one and one-to-many associations based on an optional FK in EF Core Model is fixed
- The bug with generating a mapping for a unique constraint specified in owned type property of EF Core Model is fixed
- Entity Framework 6.4 is supported
- Entity Framework Core 3.1 is supported
- Views are supported via Scaffold-DbContext in EF Core 3
- The new \Entity\EFCore3\Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.EFCore.dll assembly compiled with EF Core 3.1 and .NET Framework 4.6.1 is added
- The new config.CodeFirstOptions.TruncateAllLongNames option (default value is False) is added to use EF Core 2/EF Core 3 implementation for truncating long names of columns and PK/FK/IX/UX
- The config.DatabaseScript.ForeignKey.IndexCreation configuration option is supported in EF Core 1/EF Core 2/EF Core 3
- The config.DatabaseScript.ForeignKey.IndexTablespace configuration option is supported in EF Core 1/EF Core 2/EF Core 3
- The bug with creating a unique constraint in the database via EF Core Code-First Migrations is fixed
- The bug with throwing System.NullReferenceException on SaveChanges() when inserting a new entity with value generated by the database in EF Core 3 is fixed
- The bug with applying .ValueGeneratedOnAdd() to the string, guid, byte properties with .Key() and without .HasDefaultValueSql() in EF Core is fixed
- The bug with redundant CASTs when working with NUMBER, DATE and TIMESTAMP columns in EF Core 1/EF Core 2 is fixed
- The bug with detecting implicit database column type, when model mapping and migration mapping are different, via EF Core Code-First Migrations is fixed
- The bug with generating SQL when using explicit cast in LINQ queries in EF Core 1/EF Core 2 is fixed
- The bug with throwing the "Null TypeMapping in Sql Tree" error by methods in LINQ query in EF Core 3 is fixed