Connection Property missing on OracleConnectionStringBuilder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
philip.barile

Connection Property missing on OracleConnectionStringBuilder

Post by philip.barile » Fri 15 Mar 2019 18:12

We are using dotconnect for Oracle v8.4.313.0, and in particular, the OracleConnectionStringBuilder class by loading the properties into a property grid for user configuration of the connection string. This works fine, however, a customer has noted that on one machine, there are extra (or missing depending on which machine) connection properties. In particular, they have pointed out that on one machine, they have the following extra properties:

HAEvents
Default Fetch Size

and on another machine, they do not. Both, as far as I know, are connecting to Oracle 12.1 in direct mode. The documentation for the OracleConnectionStringBuilder class notes that HAEvents are only for when not using direct mode, however, both connection string configurations indicate they are using direct mode.

Unfortunately I don't have a sample to reproduce this yet, only screen shots showing the difference (see here). On my machine, I do not see the HAEvents or Default Fetch Size property, however, they are listed in the OracleConnectionStringBuilder class documentation.

What would cause them to show up on one machine and not another? Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Connection Property missing on OracleConnectionStringBuilder

Post by Shalex » Mon 18 Mar 2019 18:40

HA Events and Default Fetch Size were implemented in the versions released after 8.4.313 18-Dec-14: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... story.html.

The reason of the difference in behavior is that different provider versions are used.

You can check the version of Devart.Data.Oracle.dll loaded in the process of your application in the debug mode via Visual Studio > Debug > Windows > Modules.

philip.barile

Re: Connection Property missing on OracleConnectionStringBuilder

Post by philip.barile » Tue 19 Mar 2019 11:03

It turns out on one machine they have a later version of dotConnect installed for a different product.

Thanks for the help/reply!