License Key

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
srinivaskacham

License Key

Post by srinivaskacham » Thu 14 Mar 2019 21:08

Hello,

We bought license for DevArt Oracle Professional. Activated the key in my local machine by following method.

https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... ndard.html
Purchased dotConnect for Oracle Licensing
After you purchased dotConnect for Oracle, you will get a email with the activation key. You can also view your key in the Devart Account, where you download your licensed product installers.

You must add this activation key to the License Key connection string parameter.

You don't need to specify your license key in every connection string. Once a connection with a valid License Key is successfully opened, there will be no further license check in a current application domain. So, you can load your license key from somewhere (from embedded resource, etc.), open a test connection, and after this your application can work with connection strings without License Key.
This worked in Local. But when I deploy application in server, it is expecting "License Key" with connection string every time.

I added "License Key" key in connection string and deployed application in server. License got activated. Then I removed this key from connection string and deployed again in server. Application did not work and expecting key.

Please let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: License Key

Post by Shalex » Fri 15 Mar 2019 15:07

srinivaskacham wrote: Thu 14 Mar 2019 21:08I added "License Key" key in connection string and deployed application in server. License got activated.
License got activated in scope of a current application domain (not server). When a new application domain is created, you should provide the license key in connection string again.