Oracle Client 12.1 bug vs Devart

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
oride

Oracle Client 12.1 bug vs Devart

Post by oride » Thu 11 Oct 2018 20:07

Hi all,

I'm facing a weird bug with Oracle ODBC driver that truncated an output parameter of Stored Procedure when run on version 12.1.0.2. (Bug 21616079).
They suggest to upgrade the client but I can't do so.

Is there any way to overcome this bug using Devart settings?
those are my settings on web.config file:

<DbProviderFactories>
<remove invariant="Devart.Data.Oracle" />
<add name="dotConnect for Oracle" invariant="Devart.Data.Oracle" description="Devart dotConnect for Oracle" type="Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleProviderFactory, Devart.Data.Oracle, Version=9.5.454.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701"/>
</DbProviderFactories>
Thanks!

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Oracle Client 12.1 bug vs Devart

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 12 Oct 2018 13:47

Is the issue reproduced with dotConnect for Oracle?

dotConnect for Oracle has a trial version that allows you to evaluate it during 30 days since the provider installation. The trial version of dotConnect for Oracle offers the same features as the Professional edition. You can download the trial version of dotConnect for Oracle from our site https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html

If yes, create and send us a complete small console application, that just executes the stored procedure and reproduces the issue. Please also send DDL/DML scripts of the stored procedure and all the required objects for it, so that we were able to create them in a clean database.