Cannot load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
chpang

Cannot load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings

Post by chpang » Fri 21 Sep 2018 03:35

i am using Devart.Data.Oracle.EFCore(9.6.584)

i had install my oracle client 64 bit at location C:\Oracle\ora64

Code: Select all

foreach (OracleHome home in OracleConnection.Homes)
{
       string printf = string.Format("Name={0} ClientVersion={1} Path={2}", home.Name, home.ClientVersion, home.Path);
}
i had run above code and the result as below:
Name=ORA64 ClientVersion=11.2.0.1 Path=C:\Oracle\ora64

Could any1 please advise what else should i check ?

my PATH enviroment Variable :

C:\Oracle\ora64;C:\Oracle\ora64\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1;C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Tools\nant\bin;C:\Program Files\Python27;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Oracle\ora32;C:\Oracle\ora32\bin;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;%systemroot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;%systemroot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\

this is the error message

Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException
HResult=0x80004005
Message=Cannot load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings.
Source=Devart.Data.Oracle
StackTrace:
at   ..ctor(Boolean , Boolean , OracleHome )
at   .(Boolean , Boolean , OracleHome , Boolean , Boolean )
at   ..ctor(   ,    )
at   .    (  , Object , DbConnectionBase )
at  .(  ,   , DbConnectionBase )
at  .(DbConnectionBase )
at  .(DbConnectionBase )
at  .(DbConnectionBase )
at  .    (DbConnectionBase )
at Devart.Common.DbConnectionBase.Open()
at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection.Open()
at   .(DbConnection , OracleServerType& , Nullable`1& )
at   .(DbConnection )
at   .     ​(RelationalOptionsExtension )
at System.Lazy`1.ViaFactory(LazyThreadSafetyMode mode)
at System.Lazy`1.ExecutionAndPublication(LazyHelper executionAndPublication, Boolean useDefaultConstructor)
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at   ..ctor(RelationalTypeMapperDependencies ,    )
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitConstructor(ConstructorCallSite constructorCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteVisitor`2.VisitCallSite(IServiceCallSite callSite, TArgument argument)
at Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Cannot load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 26 Sep 2018 10:12

Do you get this error in the same application when you get information about Oracle home or is it another one?

Please create the following application:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
    foreach (OracleHome home in OracleConnection.Homes)
    {
        string printf = string.Format("Name={0} ClientVersion={1} Path={2}", home.Name, home.ClientVersion, home.Path);
        Console.WriteLine(printf);
    }
    OracleConnection conn = new OracleConnection("Your connection string");
    conn.Open();
    Console.WriteLine(conn.ServerVersion);
    conn.Close();
}
What are the results of the execution of this package? Do you get home info and successfully connect or other results?

chpang

Re: Cannot load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings

Post by chpang » Thu 27 Sep 2018 09:46

Hi i had try your code, the error "Cannot load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings" raised when the Oracle Connection open.

chpang

Post by chpang » Thu 27 Sep 2018 11:05

just added more infor here :

Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleConnection Newconnection = new Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleConnection("My Connection String");
Newconnection .Open();
Console.WriteLine(Newconnection.ServerVersion);
Newconnection.Close();
i had successfully run the aboved code. i can get the server version 12.2.0.1.0

any idea why its doesn't success if using DevArt Oracle Connection ?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 27 Sep 2018 14:40

chpang wrote:Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleConnection
Thank you for this test. This information is helpful.
chpang wrote:Hi i had try your code, the error
Do you get server version before the error?

chpang

Post by chpang » Fri 28 Sep 2018 02:30

Do you get server version before the error?
Nope. i could not get the server version before the error. the error raise when the conn.Open();

The error message are too general.Do we had any way to Debug or get more usefull exception in DevArt.Data.Oracle.EFcore ?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Mon 01 Oct 2018 10:38

We are sorry for the incorrect question. We mean information about the home that you get from the foreach cycle. Do you get this information before the error?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 08 Oct 2018 16:31

1. Right click on your project in Solution Explorer > Properties and specify your values of these settings:
a) Application > "Target framework"
b) Build > "Platform target" and "Prefer 32-bit"

2. Is capacity of your Oracle Client x86 or x64?

3. Run your project in the debug mode, navigate to Debug > Windows > Modules and tell us the Path values of Devart.* assemblies loaded in the process of your application.

4. Give us your connection string (roughly, without a confidential information).

chpang

Post by chpang » Tue 09 Oct 2018 03:41

Thanks for you help. I UnInstalled and re-install the Oracle client and its work. but still , i could not get a useful exception message that help on debug.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 09 Oct 2018 10:55

chpang wrote: Tue 09 Oct 2018 03:41i could not get a useful exception message that help on debug
Please specify the exact message and full stack trace of your current exception.