License Issue in Azure App Service

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Brendan Morgan

License Issue in Azure App Service

Post by Brendan Morgan » Fri 11 May 2018 15:42

I am trialing dotConnect for Oracle to test a ASP.NET 2.0 app in Azure, to see if the web technology and database providers would work for us on a new project.

However, I recive:
[Error] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware: An unhandled exception has occurred: Feature is not supported.
Devart.Common.LicenseException: Feature is not supported.

I have added:
;license key = trial:" + Path.Combine(Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("WEBROOT_PATH").ToString(), @"\wwwroot\keys\Devart.Data.Oracle.key
at the end of my connection string.

The key file has been deployed to the Azure Web app as part of the build process. I also tried copying this file to C:\ProgramData\Devart\dotConnect\License but that did not work.

Please let me know what I can get this to work in Azure during my trial.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: License Issue in Azure App Service

Post by Shalex » Mon 14 May 2018 19:11

1. Please write the result of Path.Combine(Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("WEBROOT_PATH").ToString(), @"\wwwroot\keys\Devart.Data.Oracle.key;") to some output to check the final absolute path. Does it look to be correct?

2. Try placing Devart.Data.Oracle.key in the same folder where your application (*.dll) resides in the deployment environment and specify "license key=trial:Devart.Data.Oracle.key;" in the connection string. Does this help?

Brendan Morgan

Re: License Issue in Azure App Service

Post by Brendan Morgan » Thu 17 May 2018 18:34

Thanks for the response. I am investigating now. Unfortunately, I am having some issues building to Azure right now so I haven't been able to test this directly. I will notify you once I can.

Thanks again for your help.