Entity string type - EF Core - 9.5.429

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
janidbest

Entity string type - EF Core - 9.5.429

Post by janidbest » Tue 06 Feb 2018 05:12

I have the below configuration

Code: Select all

if (ServerOptionsConfig.IsOracle)
            {
                var config = Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Configuration.OracleEntityProviderConfig.Instance;
                config.CodeFirstOptions.TruncateLongDefaultNames = true;
                config.CodeFirstOptions.UseNonLobStrings = true;
                config.DatabaseScript.Column.MaxStringSize = Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Configuration.OracleMaxStringSize.Extended;
                //Nvarchar2(4000) complains on a long value insert because of the unicode default model string
                config.CodeFirstOptions.UseNonUnicodeStrings = true;

config.CodeFirstOptions.ColumnTypeCasingConventionCompatibility = true;
                config.Workarounds.DisableQuoting = true;
                config.QueryOptions.CaseInsensitiveComparison = true;
                config.QueryOptions.CaseInsensitiveLike = true;
            }
[*]Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column – this is because the code first entity framework string is limited to 2000 characters however the Nvarchar2 (4000) is not, by changing the text to Unicode its fixed

[*]Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException (0x80004005): ORA-24920: column size too large for client – This is because the select query is failing to get over 2000 characters.

I'm wondering how can I map the string to nvarchar2(4000), without changing the model. ( I might be able to fix by giving stringlength 4000 on the model.) because I have to use this for MS SQL db support as well.

Is there any way that I can handle the situation ( over 2000 bytes) with Nvarchar2(4000) without changing it to unicode ??

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity string type - EF Core - 9.5.429

Post by Shalex » Thu 08 Feb 2018 13:13

We have sent you the internal build with the fix by email. Please notify us about the result.