Scaffolding to Different Folder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Post Reply
ugurcakmak
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue 16 Jan 2018 06:27

Scaffolding to Different Folder

Post by ugurcakmak » Tue 16 Jan 2018 06:48

Hi,

I want to scaffold my entities into different folder. By default, scaffolding code below generates Oracle tables into .net entities in the root the the application. What I want to do is generating entities into different folder (eg. ConsoleApplication.Core / Models/).
In addition, I wonder is it possible to generate entities under different name ? For example I want to generate an Oracle table named "T_EXAMPLETABLE" like "MY_EXAMPLETABLE".

Scaffolding Code:
Scaffold-DbContext "Server=SERVER_IP;Port=SERVER_PORT; Sid=DB_SID; UserId=USERNAME; Password=PWD; license key=LICENSE_KEY;Direct=true" Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.EFCore -Schemas EXAMPLE_SCHEMA -Tables EXAMPLE_TABLE

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: Scaffolding to Different Folder

Post by Shalex » Wed 17 Jan 2018 17:34

ugurcakmak wrote:What I want to do is generating entities into different folder (eg. ConsoleApplication.Core / Models/).
1. Please use the -OutputDir <String> parameter: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ef/cor ... powershell > the "Scaffold-DbContext" section.
ugurcakmak wrote:In addition, I wonder is it possible to generate entities under different name ? For example I want to generate an Oracle table named "T_EXAMPLETABLE" like "MY_EXAMPLETABLE".
2. We recommend you to use Entity Developer (the Devart EF Core Model item, *.efml), it includes naming rules to set. JIC: number mapping settings used by Entity Developer are stored at the Tools > Entity Developer > Options > Servers' Options > Oracle menu of Visual Studio.

ugurcakmak
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue 16 Jan 2018 06:27

Re: Scaffolding to Different Folder

Post by ugurcakmak » Wed 17 Jan 2018 19:36

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed answer. Entity Developer proves itself when it comes to scaffolding entities. The UI is very detailed and eases up many processes.

Does Entity Developer has releases for Ubuntu 17.10. and macOs Sierra, Preferably native ? If there isn't any native solution,
  • What is your plan to release native version for each OSs ?
  • Does Entity Framework compatible with Wine (or any other compability layer) ? Which functions are not compatible ?

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: Scaffolding to Different Folder

Post by Shalex » Fri 19 Jan 2018 16:33

ugurcakmak wrote:Does Entity Developer has releases for Ubuntu 17.10. and macOs Sierra, Preferably native ? If there isn't any native solution,
  • What is your plan to release native version for each OSs ?
1. The only version of Entity Developer is designed for Windows. Currently, there are no plans to release native version for each OSs.
ugurcakmak wrote:
  • Does Entity Framework compatible with Wine (or any other compability layer) ? Which functions are not compatible ?
2. We do not test our product with Wine. JIC: EF Core itself and our NuGet .NET Standard provider are compatible with Linux.

ugurcakmak
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue 16 Jan 2018 06:27

Re: Scaffolding to Different Folder

Post by ugurcakmak » Fri 19 Jan 2018 16:45

Shalex wrote:
ugurcakmak wrote:
  • Does Entity Framework compatible with Wine (or any other compability layer) ? Which functions are not compatible ?
2. We do not test our product with Wine. JIC: EF Core itself and our NuGet .NET Standard provider are compatible with Linux.
Sorry, I wanted to say does Entitiy Developer is compatible with wine.

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Re: Scaffolding to Different Folder

Post by Shalex » Mon 22 Jan 2018 12:18

We do not test Entity Developer (and any other Devart ADO.NET product) with Wine.

Post Reply