NET: Unsupported verifier type error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
clintdavis

NET: Unsupported verifier type error

Post by clintdavis » Wed 15 Mar 2017 03:07

We're trying to connect to an Oracle 12c database using direct mode. When I hit the test connection feature I get the error "NET: Unsupported verifier type". I'm using the latest version (9.2.220.0) because the release notes said it fixed Oracle 12c direct authentication. I know it's not a connection issue because I can use SQL Developer and connect successfully. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Clint

Also, I tried submitting a support ticket twice and both times I never received any kind of confirmation that it was sent nor did I get a copy to my email when I checked the box. Apologies if this has already been received.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: NET: Unsupported verifier type error

Post by Shalex » Fri 17 Mar 2017 15:56

clintdavis wrote:When I hit the test connection feature I get the error "NET: Unsupported verifier type".
1. We cannot reproduce the issue at the moment. Please specify:
a) the exact version (x.x.x.x), capacity (x86 or x64), platform (Linux or Windows) of your Oracle server
b) the value of SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER in sqlnet.ora of your Oracle server
c) could you tell us where (form, wizard, etc) you "hit the test connection"?
clintdavis wrote:Also, I tried submitting a support ticket twice and both times I never received any kind of confirmation that it was sent nor did I get a copy to my email when I checked the box.
2. We did not receive your requests. Have you received the following message on the form after submitting your request?
"Thank you for your feedback. You will receive a reply shortly."

If there are some errors in the form, the corresponding messages should be shown. For example:
"Subject is required.
Detailed info is required."

clintdavis

Post by clintdavis » Wed 22 Mar 2017 20:50

1a.
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
"CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production"
TNS for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

1b.
SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER=8

1c.
1. Right-click project -> add -> new item

2. Select Devart Entity Model, keep default name, click add

3. Select database first, click next

4. Provider = Devart dotConnect for Oracle. Fill out connection info. Check direct box. Connect as normal. Check allow saving password.

5. Click Test Connection.

6. Error

As far as 2, I never received a confirmation nor were errors shown on the page.

clintdavis

Post by clintdavis » Mon 27 Mar 2017 17:27

Bump.

And I still can't submit a ticket. I hit submit and it comes back to the same page with no errors or confirmation.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 27 Mar 2017 18:57

clintdavis wrote:When I hit the test connection feature I get the error "NET: Unsupported verifier type".
1. Could you confirm that the error persists with the following code as well?

Code: Select all

var conn = new Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection();
    conn.ConnectionString = "direct=true;server=****;sid=****;user id=****;password=****;Persist Security Info=true;";
    conn.Open();
If you are using additional connection string parameters, please specify them.
clintdavis wrote:And I still can't submit a ticket. I hit submit and it comes back to the same page with no errors or confirmation.
2.1. We have received your ticket this time and are working on improving notification message on the contact form.
2.2. Could you check if our email ("Send a copy to my email") was blocked by your anti-spam filter?
2.3. Did you attach any file via contact form?

clintdavis

Post by clintdavis » Tue 28 Mar 2017 00:27

1. When I run your code I get an exception where the message is "NET: Unsupported verifier type". The inner message is blank.

2.2. I did get a copy a few minutes after I posted here.

2.3. I did not attach any files.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 28 Mar 2017 16:52

1. Please specify here (or send us) a full content of sqlnet.ora on your Oracle server.
2. Are you connecting to CDB or PDB instance of your Oracle 12c?
3. Tell us the name of your Linux distribution and its version (where Oracle 12c resides).