Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for Oracle 8.4, Devart ADO.NET data provider for Oracle with support for Entity Framework, LinqConnect (LINQ to Oracle) and NHibernate! The new version allows connecting to Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 1 and Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 2 databases on 32-bit and 64-bit platforms in the OCI mode.
Support for TimesTen-Specific Data Types
dotConnect for Oracle now supports such TimesTen-specific data types as TT_TINYINT, TT_SMALLINT, TT_INTEGER, TT_BIGINT, TT_DATE, TT_TIMESTAMP, TIME, BINARY, and VARBINARY. For better support of the Oracle TimesTen-specific TT_TINYINT, TT_SMALLINT, and TT_BIGINT data types, the following elements were added to the OracleDbType enum: Byte, Int16, and Int64.
Support for TimesTen in Entity Framework
Oracle TimesTen is now supported in runtime of Entity Framework providers for all Entity Framework versions: v1, v4, v5, and v6. Now you can create Entity Framework models for TimesTen databases using Database First approach in EDM Wizard/EDM Designer of Visual Studio 2008 SP1, 2010, and 2012, and in Entity Framework Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.
Code First/Code First Migrations are also supported for Oracle TimesTen databases, including support for TimesTen-specific data types.
Better Server Explorer Integration
New version of dotConnect for Oracle provides better Server Explorer integration - now Server Explorer integration is available for Oracle TimesTen databases and for Windows Authentication connections to Oracle databases.
OracleConnection now has the ServerType property, indicating whether it is connected to Oracle database or to TimesTen server. It is of the new OracleServerEnum type, which includes the following elements: Oracle, TimesTen, Undefined.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 8.4.171 features:
- Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 1 and Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 2 are supported in the OCI mode on 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- The ServerType property of the OracleServerType type is added to the OracleConnection class
- A enum OracleServerType is added; it contains the following elements: Oracle, TimesTen, Undefined
- The Oracle TimesTen-specific data types are supported: TT_TINYINT, TT_SMALLINT, TT_INTEGER, TT_BIGINT, TT_DATE, TT_TIMESTAMP, TIME, BINARY and VARBINARY
- New elements are added to the OracleDbType enum for better support of the Oracle TimesTen-specific TT_TINYINT, TT_SMALLINT, and TT_BIGINT data types: Byte, Int16, and Int64
- Getting metadata with the GetSchema() method of OracleConnection, connecting to an Oracle database using Windows Authentication, is supported
- Server Explorer integration for Windows Authentication connections to Oracle database is supported
- Server Explorer integration for Oracle TimesTen is supported
- The bug with deserialization of a license resource in ASP.NET applications, running with medium or high trust level is fixed
- The bug with not quoting a constraint name when OracleLoader is used in array binding mode is fixed
- The bug with persisting credentials in reopened proxy connection is fixed
- The bug with primary key constraints not disabled by OracleLoader in the array binding mode, when a foreign key refers to all the primary key columns, is fixed
- The bug with disabling NOT NULL constraint for Identity columns in Oracle 12c when using OracleLoader in the array binding mode is fixed
- The bug with DEFAULT ON NULL column when using OracleLoader in the array binding mode is fixed
- The bug related to using properties of the enum data type, that are used in the complex entity key, is fixed
- The bug related to the opening of the *.edmx files is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug related to adding new entity properties with the spatial data type when using Model First approach is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 1 and Oracle TimesTen 11g Release 2 are supported in the run-time of Entity Framework provider versions for EF1, EF4, EF5, and EF6
- Oracle TimesTen is supported in EDM Wizard/EDM Designer of VS 2008 SP1/VS 2010/VS 2012 and EF Tools for VS 2012/VS 2013 in the Database-First approach for creating Entity Framework models
- Code-First CreateDatabase()/DatabaseExists()/DeleteDatabase() functionality is supported for Oracle TimesTen
- Code-First Migrations feature is supported for Oracle TimesTen
- Oracle TimesTen-specific data types are supported in Code-First / Code-First Migrations
- The bug with using OracleFunctions and EntityFunctions against class properties, which are of the DATE type in SSDL, is fixed
- The bug with throwing the "Unexpected query batch command" exception when using the Batch Updates functionality is fixed
- The bug with generating extra condition for limiting subselect by one record in generated subqueries with grouping is fixed