The trial version must be installed on all the PCs of the developers?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
adsivlad

The trial version must be installed on all the PCs of the developers?

Post by adsivlad » Tue 18 Mar 2014 10:40

Hello.
We are currently interested in using Devart dotConnect for Oracle in our product.
I installed the trial version on my PC.
I put the Devart.Data, Devart.Data.Oracle, and Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity DLLs in the Libraries folder of the application, and referencing them with Copy Local=true and commited them to subversion.

The problem is that another developer in the team which doesn't have the trial version installed get's the following error when running the project which references the DevArt libraries:
"Schema specified is not valid. Errors: \r\n(0,0) : error 0175: The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'Devart.Data.Oracle' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details."

Is this normal?
Will this problem be solved when we acquire the license?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: The trial version must be installed on all the PCs of the developers?

Post by Shalex » Tue 18 Mar 2014 11:33

Installation of the provider on a target workstation is not necessary. It just lets to skip some registration and technical license settings in your application. Please refer to these resources to find out the full list of steps for deploying applications with dotConnect for Oracle:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... yment.html
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... rovideref6

If this doesn't help, please specify the exact text of the error with its call stack and all inner exceptions.
adsivlad wrote:another developer in the team which doesn't have the trial version installed get's the following error when running the project which references the DevArt libraries
Does your another developer rebuild the project?
If not: no special actions are required.
If yes: you should build a license resource manually on the workstation with dotConnect for Oracle installed and include it in your application so that the project can be rebuilt on the workstation without dotConnect for Oracle installed: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... ml#compile.

adsivlad

Post by adsivlad » Tue 18 Mar 2014 11:52

We do not have a licensed version of DevArt.
We are using the trial version.
The other developer does indeed need to build the project where the DevArt assemblies are being referenced.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 19 Mar 2014 08:51

The scenario with the trial version is the same.

adsivlad

Post by adsivlad » Thu 20 Mar 2014 11:30

I followed the exact steps to create a license manually.
I still have the same error.
I followed the instructions at http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... ml#compile

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Can you help me?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 20 Mar 2014 13:36

Please specify here or send us by e-mail the following information:
1) the exact text of your current error with its call stack and all inner exceptions
2) the version of Entity Framework you are working with
3) your current build (x.xx.xxx) of dotConnect for Oracle. You can find it in the Tools > Oracle > About menu of Visual Studio
4) give us the *.config file of your application (mark confidential information with asterisks)