LinqConnect version: 126.96.36.199
Entity Developer version: 5.0.66
Devart Data version: 5.0.661.0
Devart Oracle version: 188.8.131.52
Devart Oracle Linq version: 184.108.40.206
I'm just following up on post by another user:
This is actually the same project as I've taken over development. I've attempted a fresh upgrade where the project was originally created using linqconnect250pro.exe.
The upgrade for the most part went smoothly bar a few niggly things but appears to work in our dev environment. However when I update web.config to tell the app to use our UAT database things become a bit strange.
On this segment of code:
Code: Select all
return _db.ExecuteQuery<ABC_FLASH>( string.Format(sql,user)).ToList();
Cannot convert object of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDate' to object of type 'System.Decimal'.
Observations / Notes:
1. The original development under the older framework is fine on all DB instances i.e dev and UAT.
2. I don't think this is relevant but thought it worth highlighting. When the upgrade was done it was still hooked up to the dev database with a DB account that has full permissions. The UAT instance is a little more locked down only to the point that DB objects can not be modified (so only the usual CRUD operations are permitted).
3. The upgraded project functions when pointing to the DEV database, but not UAT.
4. Following on from point 3 it would suggest that the UAT database was the most likely root cause of the issue. I've compared the table structure from both dev and UAT and they are both identical. Just to reiterate that UAT works fine on the original project.
5. I ruled out any rogue data in UAT be clearing out the table, creating a new entry and found that the issue returned once data was availble in the table again.
6. I've checked over the model and the darkest depths of various config files with no luck.
7. In the off chance there was something going on with the data context model I used Entity Framework to recreate the model from scratch using the 'Update model from database' option. Again this had no visible impact as the same error persists post this action.
So I'm really at a loss as where to go now. Any ideas?
Kind regards and thanks in advance!