Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions.
New version of dotConnect for Oracle offers you improved support for Entity Framework Spatials and SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services support.
Entity Framework Spatials Support
We have significantly improved Entity Framework Spatials support in the new version of dotConnect for Oracle. The provider now supports NetTopologySuite spatial service, which offers the richest functionality and significantly extends the supported functionality of DbGeometry/DbGeography classes. NetTopologySuite types are used by the new version of geospatial mapping library SharpMap v1 RC3, which is now supported by our providers.
dotConnect for Oracle still supports SharpMap 0.9 and its own old geometry types for compatibility purposes, but this support is deprecated and not recommended to use in new projects.
dotConnect for Oracle now provides better performance when reading EWKT representation of spatial data and supports the following database-specific functions in Entity SQL and LINQ to Entities: SDO_FILTER, SDO_NN, SDO_RELATE, SDO_WITHIN_DISTANCE.
You can read more about new features of Entity Framework Spatials support in our Enhanced Entity Framework Spatials support for Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL blog article.
SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services Support
New version of dotConnect for Oracle now can be used in Reporting Services projects for the latest version of SQL Server. Now our users can benefit from Power View in Microsoft Excel 2013 and Power View in Microsoft SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010 integration, data alerts and other new SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services features.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 7.8.287 features:
- SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services is supported
- The bug with parameter containing the '#' character in its name is fixed
- The bug related to the NRE on the CreateDatabase() method, when the navigation properties generation for one of the sides in one-to-one association is turned off, is fixed
- The bug with wrong script generation on the CreateDatabase() method for one-to-one associations is fixed
- The bug with materialization when converting decimal values is fixed
- The bug related to the "Sequence contains no elements" exception when working with unmapped properties and PropertyChanging/PropertyChanged events is fixed
- The bug related to materializing structs in the "select new" clause is fixed
- The bug related to the "Method not found" exception when opening connection in LINQPad via LinqConnectDriver is fixed
- The behaviour is changed: a default value for the "Detect Table Per Type inheritances" option in Model settings is set to False
- The bug with wrong script generation for several tables with autoincrement fields in the "Generate Database Script From Model" and "Update Database From Model" wizards is fixed
- The bug with the "Recreate Database Tables" option for tables which use sequences is fixed
- The bug related to the wrong Source values for foreign key properties when adding associations with the selected "Add foreign key properties to the child class" check box is fixed
- The bug with applying RangeAttribute of the DataAnnotation validation framework for nullable properties is fixed
- The bug with parsing *.edmx is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- NetTopologySuite GIS library support in Entity Framework 5 and 6 is added
- The OracleSpatialFunctions class for working with Oracle Spatials functions in LINQ to Entities is added
- The config.SpatialOptions.AlwaysUseGeometryDefaultSrid configuration option (default value is False) is added to provide the possibility to use the config.SpatialOptions.GeometryDefaultSrid value instead of reading the actual SRID for the DbGeometry spatial from the database
- The config.SpatialOptions.AlwaysUseGeographyDefaultSrid configuration option (default value is False) is added to provide the possibility to use the config.SpatialOptions.GeographyDefaultSrid value instead of reading the actual SRID for the DbGeometry spatial from the database
- The config.Workarounds.UseInvariantProviderManifestToken configuration option (default value is False) is added to provide the possibility of returning the invariant string literal as the provider manifest token
- The config.SqlFormatting.Identation option is renamed to config.SqlFormatting.Indenting
- The bug with using delimiter when generating Code-First Migrations script via the ScriptUpdate method of the MigratorScriptingDecorator class in Entity Framework 6 is fixed