Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for Oracle offers you support for ExtendedMembership (SimpleMembership) providers.
Now our users can benefit from using ExtendedMembership and OAuth technology in their web applicatons and store the membership data in Oracle database.
The ASP.NET MVC 4 Internet Application template adds some new handy security features built on top of SimpleMembership. SimpleMembership is the membership API, designed to improve and simplify the use of the built in security in ASP.NET. Our dotConnect for Oracle implements classes for the new Role and ExtendedMembership providers, that offer the same functionality as the standard SimpleMembershipProvider and SimpleRoleProvider and store membership data in an Oracle database.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 7.6.192 features:
- ExtendedMembership (SimpleMembership) provider support is added
- The bug with memory leak when handling the errors that occur during command execution in the OCI mode is fixed
- The bug with wrong data written to the NCLOB field with OracleObject in the Direct connection mode is fixed
- The bug with using stored procedures with the XMLTYPE parameter in Oracle Package Wizard is fixed
- The bug with quoted identifiers in Migration Wizard is fixed
- The bug with creating Relations in DataSet Wizard is fixed
- The possibility of setting enum values via predefined dropdown list in the Retrieve Data window is implemented
- The bug related to the stored procedures with miltiple resultsets is fixed (LinqConnect models)
- The bug with generating ON DELETE CASCADE when adding foreign key constraint to the table with the CreateDatabase/CreateDatabaseScript functionality of ObjectContext is fixed