Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for Oracle offers you support for Entity Framework 6 Alpha 2.
Now our users can use such Entity Framework 6 features as custom Code-First conventions, which allow you to easily configure default property mapping or other settings, support for enums and spatials on .NET Framework 4.0, code-based configuration, better performance, etc.
dotConnect for Oracle now supports Entity Framework Spatials on .NET Framework 4.0.
Entity Developer also supports creating and designing Entity Framework 6 models. When creating or editing an Entity Framework model, you can set the target Entity Framework version in the Model Settings. Entity Developer generates valid code, compatible with Entity Framework 6.
You can read more about Entity Framework 6 support in our blog article Entity Framework 6 Support for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and Salesforce.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 7.5.164 features:
- The behaviour is changed: ORA-01403 is treated as an information message only for select statements
- The bug that occurred when working with the Tables Type of the Object Type in the Direct mode is fixed
- The bug with generating NullReferenceException when using four restrictions with the Columns collection of the OracleConnection.GetSchema method is fixed
- The bug with the ExecuteArray method when connecting to the UTF8 (Unicode) database in the Direct mode is fixed
- The bug related to the "Cannot convert from 'string' to 'Devart.Data.Linq.Mapping.DeleteRule' " error when working with Fluent mapping is fixed
- The bug with generating "The Type ... is not qualified with a namespace or alias. Only primitive types can be used without qualification." error, when EntityFramework.dll is located in GAC v4.0, is fixed
- The bug with duplicate entries in the Base Class Condition and Derived Class Condition dropdowns of Inheritance Editor is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- Entity Framework 6 Alpha 2 is supported
- Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll assembly compiled with EntityFramework.dll 6.0 and NET Framework 4.0 is added
- Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.SharpMap.dll assembly compiled with EntityFramework.dll 6.0 and NET Framework 4.0 is added
- Support for mapping CHAR(1) to System.Boolean is added
- Support of custom filters when using the System.Data.Entity.Design functionality in the config.QueryOptions.AdvancedMetadataQuery mode is implemented
- The behaviour is changed: the constraint name is ignored when a table primary key is deleted when running Code-First Migrations, that allows successful deletion of automatically named primary key