Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for Oracle offers you support for Oracle Spatial and SharpMap in Entity Framework. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes.
For more details about the new version of dotConnect for Oracle see Spatials Support for Entity Framework in dotConnect for Oracle!.
We have created a demo application that shows how to work with Oracle Spatial using Entity Framework and the SharpMap library with dotConnect for Oracle. It demonstrates finding distances between cities, finding the area of regions, and displaying spatial data on a map via the SharpMap library. You can read more about the demo and download its sources at our blog.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 7.3.132 features:
LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to Oracle)
- The fluent mapping is improved: support of the ID generators for primary keys is added
- The bug with the "Specified cast is not valid" exception when searching for an entity by its key is fixed
- The bug with the failed updates to the database when using the Attach(TEntity,Boolean) method is fixed
- The possibility to set different namespaces for the context and its entities when using the DbContext template is implemented (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with generating the using directives for redundant namespaces is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with renaming the navigation property when using the Update Model From Database wizard is fixed (LinqConnect models)
- Support for spatial data types in Entity Framework 5 is added
- Oracle Spatial MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY support in Entity Framework 5 is added
- SharpMap GIS library support in Entity Framework 5 is added (new Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.SharpMap.dll assembly is added)
- Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Migrations.dll assembly built with the 5.0 version of EntityFramework.dll is added
- Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.dll assembly built with the 4.5 version of .NET Framework is added
- The config.QueryOptions.AdvancedMetadataQuery option (default value is False) is added to turn on the advanced metadata query mode like the one which is used by Visual Studio Entity Data Model Wizard
- The bug with the IgnoreSchemaName and IgnoreDboSchemaName options when working with EdmFunction is fixed