Cannot add Stored Procedure to Model(Code)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Maharajan

Cannot add Stored Procedure to Model(Code)

Post by Maharajan » Fri 27 Apr 2012 10:10

Hi,
We have been developing web app using MVC3 architecture and backend as Oracle. We use DevArt tool to generate entity data model in .Net Code.
Once the procedure is created in database, we had to add that procedure in model to use it over code.
After the procedure I created, I cannot get it added to the Entity Model. The procedure is listed in the Model Explorer but none of the code and classes required to call the procedure are automatically created.

I don’t know if this is due to the high number of procedures in our model or if there is some other problem.

But if I expand the nodes from Model explorer to check for complex types I could see the corresponding result class is mapped to the procedure. But I cannot see in solution explorer under xxx.EDML root.

Please get me some usefult tips on this to get resolved.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Maharajan

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Cannot add Stored Procedure to Model(Code)

Post by Shalex » Mon 30 Apr 2012 08:23

Please navigate to Model Explorer and make sure that there are methods in the conceptual part of your model which correspond to the functions in the Store part. If conceptual part doesn't include the necessary methods, just drug&drop functions from the Stored Procedures node to Methods.

Also refer to http://blogs.devart.com/dotconnect/inde ... rsors.html.

Notify us about the results.

Maharajan

Post by Maharajan » Mon 30 Apr 2012 13:26

Thanks for your inputs. :)

I have checked the Model explorer for the method to be created for procedure. I can see the method which is generated. Even when I look for value types by clicking edit, it shows the GetMethodNameResult class is mapped to value type.

But when I see in solution explorer the result class is not getting listed.

Expecting your inputs on this.. :)
Thanks
Maharajan

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 01 May 2012 16:12

Have you saved (the Save or Save All buttons in Visual Studio) your model after adding methods to the Methods node in Model Explorer?