Default values broken (again) in Entity Model

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
bakgerman

Default values broken (again) in Entity Model

Post by bakgerman » Thu 08 Mar 2012 23:41

I believe this is the third time I've opened this defect. It comes and goes as I upgrade DevArt releases. When I used SYSDATE as the default value for an Oracle DATE field it works fine. When I use USER for an oracle VARCHAR2 field it doesn't always work. It seems depending on which dialog in the Entity Developer I use it either puts in DefaultValue or devart:DefaultValue into the file. And either way it does not put the current USER into either my ADD_USERNAME or UPDATE_USERNAME columns which are non-nullable, causing the whole INSERT to fail. I have seen it with 6.60.283 and with 6.70.311. Older tables in the model with the same defaults edited in older versions of EntityDeveloper work fine. I set the AddUsername column ti Identity and the UpdateUsername column to Computed, same as I did with the ones that do work like the DATE columns.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 15 Mar 2012 08:56

Default Value for the property has to be set in the SSDL part of the model (not CSDL). Make sure that you are selecting property from SSDL in Entity Developer when initializing Default Value. If this doesn't help, please open your model with XML Editor and set DefaultValue="USER" for the ADD_USERNAME and UPDATE_USERNAME properties in SSDL manually.

Please tell us the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the problem with setting Default Value in Entity Developer using dotConnect for Oracle v 6.70.311.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 15 Mar 2012 08:58