Dotconnect for Oracle Mobile not connecting with encryption

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
johnr

Post by johnr » Wed 15 Feb 2012 22:17

Dotconnect for Oracle Mobile was supplied to us by a third party company from whom we purchased software that connects to Oracle with handheld mobile computers.

Attempts to connect to the production database return errors that have pointed us to the Oracle Network encryption within Oracle version 11g (11.2) utilizing OCI.

We are told that Dotconnect for Oracle Mobile does not support OCI,
That DfOM works only in direct mode and does not support such features.

The company tells us they are continuing to investigate the possibility of supporting encryption in direct mode.

I am wondering if any users have encountered the same situation and potentially discovered a work-around and/or a solution.

If anyone has experience and/or solution (or even a suggestion!), we would certainly appreciate hearing of such!

Johnr

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 16 Feb 2012 13:56

There is no a workaround for using encryption in Direct mode. We are investigating the possibility of adding the encryption feature in the Direct mode. We will notify you about the results as soon as we have some. But no timeframe can be provided at the moment.

johnr

Post by johnr » Thu 16 Feb 2012 14:06

Thank you for your quick response.

We eagerly await further development.

Please advise concerning timeframe at earliest convenience.

Johnr

jub@geb

Re: Dotconnect for Oracle Mobile not connecting with encryption

Post by jub@geb » Wed 20 Apr 2016 11:35

Hi all,
I just read that "dotConnect for Oracle is now FIPS compliant on .NET Framework 3.5 in the Direct mode" in the dotConnect for Oracle History https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/history.html some where under "New features in dotConnect for Oracle 8.4".
Does that mean that dotConnect 8.4 and newer support the network encryption of Oracle in Direct Mode?
If yes, what Encryption Algorithms can be used? And is Checksuming also possible?
Here you find the Oracle documentation of what I asumed could be supported now in Direct Mode https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/ne ... #ASOAG9581

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance. :)

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Dotconnect for Oracle Mobile not connecting with encryption

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 21 Apr 2016 15:39

jub@geb wrote:Does that mean that dotConnect 8.4 and newer support the network encryption of Oracle in Direct Mode?
No, dotConnect for Oracle does not support encryption in the Direct Mode. We will post here when the encryption is supported in the Direct mode.