Devart is glad to announce the release of the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, enhanced database connectivity solution, built over the ADO.NET architecture, that supports Entity Framework and LinqConnect ORM solutions. New dotConnect for Oracle offers you support for Entity Framework 4.3 Beta 1 (Code First Migrations) and greatly improved Direct Mode.
Entity Framework Code First Migrations Support
In the new version of dotConnect for Oracle, the support for Entity Framework 4.3 Beta 1 was added. Now you can benefit from the cutting edge Entity Framework functionality to push model changes to the database automatically. We have added a new Devart.Data.Oracle.Entity.Migrations.dll assembly that implements this functionality to our product.
Our first release with Entity Framework Code-First Migrations support includes customizations for Oracle. You can specify tablespace for tables, create expression-based indexes, virtual columns, check constraints, etc.
Objects Support in Direct Mode
Direct mode in dotConnect for Oracle was greatly enhanced. Now you can use OBJECT, TABLE, VARRAY, REF, XMLTYPE data types in Direct mode. Additionaly, we have supported Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, and Oracle 11g authentication and username/password containing national characters in Direct mode.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for Oracle 6.70.293 features:
- The support for OBJECT, TABLE, VARRAY, REF, XMLTYPE data types in Direct mode is added
- The support for Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, and Oracle 11g authentication in the Direct mode is added
- The support for username/password containing national characters in the Direct mode is added
- The OracleTrackingBehavior and OracleTrackingElement classes for enabling Oracle Workflow Tracking using a configuration file are added
- The bug with enabling Oracle Workflow Instance Store using a configuration file is fixed
- The bug with NRE when using bookmark resumption tracking records in Workflow Tracking is fixed
- The bug with OracleDataReader returning null value for Object, Array, Table, Xml, AnyData columns instead of returning an empty value of the corresponding type is fixed
- The bug with empty spaces in foreign key names generated by the CreateDatabase() method is fixed
- The documentation generation for navigation properties is implemented
- The "Recreate Model" option, allowing to rebuild the model from a scratch, is added to the "Update Model From Database" wizard
- The "GeneratePartialClass" template property to generate a partial class, which will not be overwritten by the designer, for each class in the model is added
- The stored procedures support in DbContext template in case of XML mapping is implemented (Entity Framework models)
- The behaviour is changed: database column comments are transfered to the Summary attribute of the Documentation property now
- The bug with resetting the Validate Required property after reopening model is fixed
- The bug with generating System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.KeyAttribute() for Primary Key columns is fixed
- The bug with a workability of documentation links on Start Page is fixed
- The bug with resetting the StoreGeneratedPattern attribute by the Update Model From Database wizard is fixed (Entity Framework models)
- The bug with line breaks in default values of NUMBER columns is fixed (LinqConnect models)
- Entity Framework 4.3 Beta 1 (Code First Migrations) is supported
- Oracle-specific Code First Migration customizations are implemented
- The bug with changing the default mapping for the 'Number' data type (with no precision and scale specified) is fixed