Do license files expire at all?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Anchor

Do license files expire at all?

Post by Anchor » Wed 14 Dec 2011 19:29

I am using doConnect for Oracle v6.3 and I would just like to know if the license file expires after a certain amount of time. Does this happen? If so, how long does the license files last?

Also, will a license file from a previous version of dotConnect for Oracle (say v5.1) work with v6.3 of the software? I doubt it but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks,
Joe

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 16 Dec 2011 15:11

overtime wrote:I am using doConnect for Oracle v6.3 and I would just like to know if the license file expires after a certain amount of time. Does this happen? If so, how long does the license files last?
License file is perpetual. You can deploy your application and do not worry about license file.
overtime wrote:Also, will a license file from a previous version of dotConnect for Oracle (say v5.1) work with v6.3 of the software? I doubt it but thought I would ask anyway.
You can create licenses.licx file manually. Then open it with a text editor and add the following line to it:
Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleConnection, Devart.Data.Oracle;
You do not specify the version of Devart assemblies. After you rebuild your project with the new versions of dotConnect for Oracle assemblies, you do not have to change your licenses.licx file.