Single Developer version - trial - Lincense problems ??

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
oli001

Single Developer version - trial - Lincense problems ??

Post by oli001 » Wed 04 Aug 2010 20:59

Dear sir or madam,

I have dowloaded the single developer trial version. First I created a trivail project: One Form with one button and one textfield. Additional a ConnectionClass who connects to the database. I copied the .exe and the .dlls to an other machine - and it works.
After that I integrated the devart .dll in an existing project (big project). It works on my developer machine. But if I copy the .exe and the .dlls to the other machine I got a exception:
Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleException: License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in dotConnect for Oracle documentation for details or contact Devart technical support.
Whats the problem here. We will buy, if we can test your software. Not earlier.

Kind regards,

Oliver Stöcker
MEDI GmbH & Co. KG
Germany

www.medi.de

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 05 Aug 2010 10:50

dotConnect for Oracle uses .NET component licensing. To build an application dotConnect for Oracle requires valid license. If no license is available, dotConnect for Oracle does not work.

Please determine the type of your project (WebSite, WinForms, etc) you are using the Devart assemblies with, and add the corresponding license resource. For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nsing.html.

dotConnect for Oracle also includes License Wizard (the Tools > Oracle > License Information menu of Visual Studio) that helps you configure license information. The wizard analyzes the current project, informs you about problems found, and performs some actions needed to fix the problems.

If you encounter any difficulties, please contact us.

oli001

Post by oli001 » Thu 05 Aug 2010 11:16

Thank you very much. Now it works fine. A very helpful Tool, what is worth to buy.