Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue 15 Jun 2010 08:44
I can connect to my Oracle 11g Database with dotConnect for Oracle 5.70. The EDM-Wizard retrieves the metadata correctly. But then, when I'm selecting the Tables for generating the entities I get an error in the output window and no entity is generated. It's VS 2010. What can I do?
Thanks in advance.
Code: Select all
Unable to generate the model because of the following exception: 'An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
Loading metadata from the database took 00:00:03.4651870.
Generating the model took 00:00:13.9533663.
Added the connection string to the App.Config file.
- Devart Team
- Posts: 2919
- Joined: Mon 07 Jul 2008 13:16
Could you please provide us the call stack of the exception?
Here are the steps:
- Open 2 instances of Visual Studio.
- In the first instance, open the project in which you wish to add the model.
- In the second instance, go to Tools->Attach to process...
- Select the first instance of Visual Studio(devenv.exe with opened project) in the process list.
- Go to Debug->Exceptions and check the Common Language Runtime Exceptions checkbox.
- Ensure that the Enable Just My Code checkbox (Tools->Options->Debugging) is unchecked.
- Perform the steps to get the error in the first instance of Visual Studio.
If the error was catched, please provide us the type of the exception and the call stack.