How can i set the Oracle schemaname at runtime ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Limin Zhang

Re: How can i set the Oracle schemaname at runtime ?

Post by Limin Zhang » Wed 29 Aug 2012 14:48

Any idea? Thanks.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Re: How can i set the Oracle schemaname at runtime ?

Post by StanislavK » Wed 29 Aug 2012 16:15

Describing procedures on the context initialization was disabled in the release of dotConnect for Oracle 7. We recommend to download the latest 7.1.58 version. If you encounter any problems with it, please contact our Sales department (please specify the license number in the letter).

As for saving the schema name for package procedures, Entity Developer does so, e.g., for the 'Update from Database' wizard. To find and describe the procedure, the wizard has to properly parse its full name (i.e., determine whether the prefix is the schema or package name).

However, we will consider changing this behaviour if saving the name of the default schema is disabled.

Anyway, the "object does not exist" error should not occur in the latest version: no procedure describing is performed at the runtime, and when executing the procedure, its source is simply included into the command text (so that the Oracle server determines whether 'com_util' is a schema or a package on its own).

Please tell us if you can reproduce the issue when using the new version of dotConnect for Oracle.