TableAdapter SelectCommand and AnsiSQL

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Exides

TableAdapter SelectCommand and AnsiSQL

Post by Exides » Wed 30 Sep 2009 08:21

Hello everyone.

I'm currently using dotConnect for Oracle in a DataSet (.NET 3.5 & VS2008).
Whenever I create a new TableAdapter, or add a query to a TableAdapter, dotConnect convert my "not ansi sql oracle query" into an "ansi sql query", for example:

I want to create a TableAdapter using this query:
select table1.field1, table2.field2
from table1, table2
WHERE table1.field3 = table2.field6

But when I look back to see the query in the TableAdapter, the query gets converted to:
SELECT table1.field1, table2.field2
FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1.field3 = table2.field6

this is Ok because my develpment Oracle server is 9i, and supports ANSI SQL, but, as the applications we develop must be cross oracle versions (I mean, the query must work on oracle 8 to 11), y cannot use the applications we develop in older oracle servers.

After that, I want to ask, ¿Is there any way to tell dotConnect to not convert the sql querys to ANSI SQL?

Thank you, regards.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 02 Oct 2009 16:52

Please tell us your current version and edition of dotConnect for Oracle. You can see it in the Tools | Oracle | About menu of Visual Studio.

I have tried to reproduce the issue with the 5.25.44 version. I have generated Typed Devart DataSet via Tools | Oracle | DataSet Wizard with the table select query like yours:
select table1.field1, table2.field2
from table1, table2
WHERE table1.field3 = table2.field6

Then checked the table adapter select command - it was the same. If I add the same query via the Add query context menu of table adapter on DataSet Editor - the query remains without changes (without INNER JOIN).

Please try the latest version. If the problem persists, tell us the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the problem.