Using DBMonitor with ASP.NET projects

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Post Reply
hannes_a
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun 22 Jan 2006 20:44
Location: munic

Using DBMonitor with ASP.NET projects

Post by hannes_a » Thu 30 Jul 2009 10:32

I'm unable to use DBMonitor on 5.25.37
- First: I can't drag OracleMonitor to ASP site, why ?
- Second: I found this in your help
To trace your ASP.NET applications you must perform some additional steps. As ASP.NET application by default is started under ASP.NET Windows account it can not share information that DBMonitor uses with the account where DBMonitor is running. Therefore you need to follow the next steps:

Start ASP.NET with the same Windows account where DBMonitor runs.
Open machine.config file from WindowsDir\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vX.X\config\machine.config.
Find tag.
Change userName attribute value to your Windows account name and password to your account password.
Setup ASP.NET service in order that it has access to current user Desktop services. To do it open Service Control Manager and find IIS Admin service. Open its properties dialog. Go to Log On tab and check 'Allow service to interact with desktop' checkbox.
Restart IIS.
I find no userName attribute value, which I can change.
Please provide an example !

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8248
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Fri 31 Jul 2009 11:48

Please try adding the following entry to the web.config file of your ASP.NET application instead of editing machine.config:

Code: Select all

<system.web>
		<identity impersonate="true" userName="***" password="***" />
</system.web>
The userName attribute value is your Windows account name, and password is your account password.
Then create in code an instance of the Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleMonitor class and set its IsActive property to true.

hannes_a
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun 22 Jan 2006 20:44
Location: munic

Post by hannes_a » Wed 12 Aug 2009 19:16

thank you, I did this

Code: Select all

 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {  
            OracleMonitor myMonitor = new OracleMonitor();
            myMonitor.IsActive = true;
        }
but I didn't see all queries (only lookup queries) and I miss the execution of the update statement
What did I wrong ?

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8248
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Thu 13 Aug 2009 10:17

Have you inspected all connection objects which are displayed in DBMonitor? Probably, the update statement was executed with another OracleConnection object. Please navigate through all OracleConnection objects which are displayed in the DBMonitor window to find the one with the update statement.

hannes_a
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun 22 Jan 2006 20:44
Location: munic

Post by hannes_a » Thu 13 Aug 2009 11:00

of course, I looked to all dbmonitor OracleConnection entries but I miss some

Shalex
Site Admin
Posts: 8248
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Fri 14 Aug 2009 14:09

Please confirm that the execution of the update statement is displayed in DBMonitor. If not, please send us (support*devart*com) a small test project and the DDL/DML script to reproduce the problem, because we cannot reproduce it at the moment.

hannes_a
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun 22 Jan 2006 20:44
Location: munic

Post by hannes_a » Tue 18 Aug 2009 20:05

I found my mistake, instead of

Code: Select all

public partial class FormQuot : BasePage
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            OracleMonitor myMonitor = new OracleMonitor();        
            myMonitor.IsActive = true;
I use this, and it did the job

Code: Select all

public partial class FormQuot : BasePage
    {
        OracleMonitor myMonitor = new OracleMonitor();        
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            myMonitor.IsActive = true;

Post Reply