Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have my app working against a local copy of oracle express just fine, but I need to deploy my webapp to the web farm and hit the production oracle database. The table structure is the same, but I keep getting an error saying that the table or view does not exist. Looking through the context file, I noticed that it listed all my tables as "SYSTEM.table name". I updated those to be (and forgive me, I'm new to oracle so I may have the wrong term here) my database name.table name, so now it looks like "NAS.table name". The other thing I wasn't sure about was the linq mapping name. Previously it was set as "SYSTEM", and I wasn't sure what that needs to be changed to... Thanks for the help!
The schema name precedes the object name (e.g., the table name) in Oracle database. The schema name is an account name that is used when connecting and working with your database. When you were generating the context file on your local database you used the SYSTEM account name. Probably, you have created a schema with a different account at your production server. So please replace the SYSTEM account name with your current account name that you are using to connect to your database at the production server. As an alternative, you can remove the schema name that precedes the database object name from the context file without pointing your current schema name (the schema name will be set implicitly from the connection string).