Error using Linq To Oracle (Assembly not found)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Post Reply
stoph
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed 25 Jun 2008 05:59

Error using Linq To Oracle (Assembly not found)

Post by stoph » Wed 19 Nov 2008 14:50

I generated a linq class to access our oracle server. When i start using this class in my source code the following error raises:

Code: Select all

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Devart.Data.Oracle, Version=5.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
   at Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq.Provider.OracleDataProvider.CreateConnection()
   at Devart.Data.Linq.Provider.DataProvider.a(d A_0, Object A_1)
   at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext.a(Object A_0, MappingSource A_1)
   at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext..ctor(String connectionString, MappingSource mapping)
The version of the installed Devart.Data.Oracle Assembly is 5.0.12.0. I cannot find any reference to 5.0.10.0 in my project.

Shalex
Devart Team
Posts: 8088
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Post by Shalex » Wed 19 Nov 2008 17:43

Probably, you were using the Devart.Data.Oracle assembly version 5.0.10.0 in your project previously. Just set the "Specific version" property for this assembly to "False" or remove the reference to the assembly of old version and add the new one (to the 5.0.12.0 version).

stoph
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed 25 Jun 2008 05:59

Post by stoph » Thu 20 Nov 2008 13:34

I updated from Version 4.6 to 5 yesterday. Everything went fine until I added Devart.Data.Linq and Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq to migrate the data access.

AndreyR
Devart Team
Posts: 2919
Joined: Mon 07 Jul 2008 13:16

Post by AndreyR » Thu 20 Nov 2008 14:26

Please replace the assembly Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq.dll from your project local folder with the new version (from %Program Files%\Devart\dotConnect\Linq\Devart.Data.Oracle.Linq.dll), if any.

stoph
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed 25 Jun 2008 05:59

Post by stoph » Tue 25 Nov 2008 06:17

It works now. I had to add the following to "web.config"

Code: Select all


		
      
        
        
      
    


stoph
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed 25 Jun 2008 05:59

Post by stoph » Tue 25 Nov 2008 13:21

Shalex wrote:Probably, you were using the Devart.Data.Oracle assembly version 5.0.10.0 in your project previously. Just set the "Specific version" property for this assembly to "False" or remove the reference to the assembly of old version and add the new one (to the 5.0.12.0 version).
This didn't work. I never had 5.0.10.0.

Post Reply