We are glad to announce the Final Release of dotConnect for Oracle version 5.00!
The new version offers built-in LINQ technology support and bundled Entity Developer to design the entity layer of your application.
The new edition of dotConnect for Oracle is offered for the most exacting developers who want any product to meet their exact needs. Free Express Edition, designed for those who need just basic data access features, just what is proposed by standard data provider. And Developer edition that adds database development and management tools for Oracle to simplify database application development process.
This version introduces the following features:
- OraDirect .NET renamed to dotConnect for Oracle
- Supported LINQ to Oracle
- Added Entity Developer for LINQ to Oracle
- Added free Express Edition with basic connectivity features
- Added Developer Edition, which is equivalent to the Professional Edition plus OraDeveloper Tools
- TransactionScope supported
- Support for .NET Framework 1.x is discontinued
- Fixed several bugs in DataSet Wizard
- Fixed bug with describing INTERVAL AND TIMESTAMP columns with 0 seconds fraction
- Fixed bug with Unicode string value in NCLOB parameters
- Fixed LINQ to Oracle bug with inserting new objects by adding them to EntitySet collection
- Improved performance of EDM Wizard
- EDM Wizard now supports system privileges SELECT ANY TABLE and EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE
- EDM Wizard now supports grants and privileges of the user's role
- Fixed bug with quoting names that include special symbols
- Fixed type mapping in models with inherited entities
- Fixed bug with GUIDs in RAW columns
- Fixed bug with comparing DateTime values that include nanoseconds
Devart development team