How to upgrade a licensed version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
robymes

How to upgrade a licensed version

Post by robymes » Thu 02 Oct 2008 08:12

Hello,
I read the FAQ but I didn't understand how to upgrade to a new version of OraDirect.NET.
I bought a professional site license from Component Source about a month ago, and installed it, but now I wonder how can I get the newest licensed version.

Just another question: all the tools from menu works well, also Entity Framework support is good, but I have a problem when I try to create a new OraDirect Project or Wizard: the project is always empty and if I try to read the license information it says that it can't recognize the project type.

Thanks in advance

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 02 Oct 2008 11:52

You can download the latest licensed version of OraDirect .NET from Registered Users' Area. The URL, your account, and password were sent to you after purchasing the license. If you have any troubles with access to it, please contact our sales department (sales at devart.com).
To update the version you should uninstall the previous one and install the newest OraDirect .NET.
I have a problem when I try to create a new OraDirect Project or Wizard: the project is always empty and if I try to read the license information it says that it can't recognize the project type.
Please send me (alexsh at devart.com) screenshots that describe the problem and the steps we should follow to reproduce it.