Trial period have passed ,newer versions cannot be tested

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
amit

Trial period have passed ,newer versions cannot be tested

Post by amit » Sat 06 Sep 2008 21:55

About 8 months ago I've tried your product, versions 4.35 if I recall correct.
Since it's support for .net entity framework was in early beta stages, and did not fullfill my expectations, I decided not to use it at that time.
However, EF got RTM, your product may have been more matured (on EF aspect) but now I cannot try it again (on the same computer) since 30 days have certainly passed by.
How this problem can be solved ?
My suggestion is that at least reset your trial license data at major releases like 4.4,4.5,4.6,4.7 etc. so users can try the new versions fixing major bugs that existed in previous ones.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 08 Sep 2008 06:45

In this case we offer you to use a prolonged Trial version of the latest OraDirect .NET. It will allow you to use our product 30 days more. Please contact me (alexsh at devart.com) and confirm your interest in Trial 2.

DanielZ

Trial Expiration

Post by DanielZ » Mon 08 Sep 2008 09:00

We have a similar problem. We already bought the commercial version, but to test updated versions, we have to use the trial as we are in a very big company and getting new versions takes weeks via our order department...

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 09 Sep 2008 16:33

If you are the Subscription program member, you need to go to the Registered Users' Area and download the latest version there. It is also possible to get Trial 2, just contact me (alexsh at devart.com).