A hint for licensing-problems

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Post Reply
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri 16 Nov 2007 20:10
Location: Germany

A hint for licensing-problems

Post by sprinter252 » Thu 22 Nov 2007 13:03


If you get the "license not found" or "license invalid" message on existing licenses.licx file you might check, if you use a multi-assembly-infrastructure in your application. In my case I used a data-layer in which I put the licenses.licx first. But after that the calling EXE-assembly still generated the error. Now I added the line

Code: Select all

CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection, CoreLab.Oracle, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701
into the licenses.licx-file of the calling assembly and everything worked.

Note: This might be only useful if the calling assembly has already got a license-file.

HTH, Alex

Posts: 725
Joined: Thu 28 Oct 2004 14:06

Post by Paul » Fri 23 Nov 2007 09:01

To avoid "License not valid" message in this situation please create a text file named licenses.config and place it next to licenses.licx of Class Library as described in "Class Libraries Support" section of "Licensing" topic in OraDirect .Net documentation. In this file enumerate names of executable files that will work with the library, every file name on separate line.

Post Reply