License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic.... ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
thierry14

License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic.... ?

Post by thierry14 » Fri 02 Nov 2007 02:58

I was developing a Visual Studio 2005 software (.net framework v2.0) in my company which use CoreLab.Oracle as for database connection.

I have installed OraDirect.Net version 3.50.9.0 in my machine and added the reference of installed CoreLab.Oracle.dll in my development project. When i use the OracleConnection.Open() in my project, it has an exception of "License not found. Please view 'Licensing' topic....".

So i follow the instruction from Licensing topic by adding the licenses.licx containing the text of 'CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection, CoreLab.Oracle' into my development project. But this time i get this exception of 'License not valid. Please view 'Licensing' topic...."
What is the problem i having at the moment? Any CoreLab team member please give me a hand on this problem. Thank you.
P.S. By the way, i have developed a Visual Studio 2003 project (.net framework v1.1) before which added the CoreLab.Oracle.dll version 2.50.0.0 as reference. It is working well without install OraDirect.Net and without adding the licenses.licx. Why it has such problem when come to the newer version of CoreLab.Oracle?

thierry14

Post by thierry14 » Fri 02 Nov 2007 03:32

by the way, I have done some of the solution proposed by "Sticky: Licensing problems" in the forum.

But the result is the same... "License not valid" still cause the problem...

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 02 Nov 2007 07:38

Do you write class library (dll), executable application (exe), web project,
web project with dynamically compiled sources?
Check that *.licenses resource is present in compiled assembly.
Check that licenses.licx is included in your project.
Specify your hardware architecture: x32 or x64?
What version of OraDirect .NET do you use (Std, Pro, Mobile)?
Do you compile your project in Visual Studio environment or using command line?

thierry14

Post by thierry14 » Tue 06 Nov 2007 02:36

Do you write class library (dll), executable application (exe), web project, web project with dynamically compiled sources?
I wrote a class library(A) that use the CoreLab.Oracle.dll for oracle database connection while I also have an executable application(B) that use A as reference.
Check that *.licenses resource is present in compiled assembly.
I don't understand much, can be more specific?
Check that licenses.licx is included in your project.
Yes. It is included in my A only.
Specify your hardware architecture: x32 or x64?
x32
What version of OraDirect .NET do you use (Std, Pro, Mobile)?
OraDirect.Net v3.50.9.0 PRO
Do you compile your project in Visual Studio environment or using command line?
Visual Studio 2005

*By the way, I just feel weird why it is working well when I use OraDirect.Net v2.50.0.0 for VS 2003 development (framework v1.1), while I upgrade the project to VS 2005 (framework v2.0), it cause this licensing problem when using OraDirect.Net v3.50.9.0?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Nov 2007 08:07

Have you created licenses.config file as described in the Licensing topic of our documentation?

thierry14

Post by thierry14 » Tue 06 Nov 2007 08:38

Have you created licenses.config file as described in the Licensing topic of our documentation?
No. Is it necessary? Do I just put "B.exe" inside the licenses.config only?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Nov 2007 08:51

Do I just put "B.exe" inside the licenses.config only?
Exactly so!