"Unable to load dbexpsda.dll" for dbexpress 4.75

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
ppl1234

"Unable to load dbexpsda.dll" for dbexpress 4.75

Post by ppl1234 » Thu 24 Mar 2011 02:30

Hi

My company purchased dbExpress Driver for SQL Server long time age. I think the version might be Version 2.50.4.0. An application program that we developed using Borland Delphi 7 with that dbExpress Driver have been running in Window XP without any problem. Now we want to migrate the window platform from Window XP to Window 7. Last year, I tried to download the 30 day's trial version of dbExpress Driver (Version 4.55) and copy the dbexpsda.dll to the folder in which the application program stored. Then the program run without any error under Window 7. Recently, I tried to download the most updated trial version of dbExpress Driver (Version 4.75) and test the application again. But it failed and the message "Unable to load dbexpsda.dll" was found.
My questions are
1. Why did dbExpress Driver (Version 4.55) work but dbExpress Driver (Version 4.75) CANNOT be done? Our program source code is lost. There is no ways to re-compile or modify the program source.
2. I want to purchase dbExpress Driver (Version 4.55) as the most updated one does NOT work. Then how can I purchase it ?
3. If I want to purchase dbExpress Driver (Version 4.55), what type of license should be bought ? I found below types from the web side. I just need the dbexpsda.dll.
Licenses
 Standard Edition
 Standard Edition with source code

Subscription Renewals
 Standard Edition Subscription
 Standard with source code subscription

Edition Upgrade
 Upgrade to standard with source code from standard

Version upgardes
 Upgrade to version 4 single license
 Source code upgrade to version 4 single license

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 24 Mar 2011 09:21

Hello,

1) This error can occur because you are using trial version of dbExpress driver for SQL Server. Your trial period has expired. You will not have such problem with licensed version of dbExpress driver for SQL Server.
2, 3) You should renew your subscription (in the Subscription Renewals section). After this you will be able to download the latest version of dbExpress driver for SQL Server from the Registered Users' Area (secure*devart*com).
Last edited by AndreyZ on Wed 18 Apr 2012 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

ppl1234

Post by ppl1234 » Fri 25 Mar 2011 01:33

Hi,

It's so strange that the trial version dbExpress 4.55 works but the updated one, dbExpress version 4.75, does NOT work.

As the trial version dbExpress 4.75 CANNOT be successfully worked, I CANNOT ensure that the licenced version can be worked after purchase. My questions are:

1) Could I purchase the old version , dpExpress 4.55, as its trial version works ?

2) Could I try a trial version dbexpress 4.75 which is worked in my scenario (Delphi 7 in Window 7) before I place my order for purchase ?

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 25 Mar 2011 13:08

If you install a trial of any dbExpress driver for SQL Server on a computer and trial period expires, it's impossible to use any other trial of dbExpress driver for SQL Server on this computer. Try installing dbExpress driver for SQL Server 4.75 trial on a machine where it was never installed before, and check if the problem persists.
Also we can send you dbExpress driver for SQL Server 4.75 Trial version with extended trial period. Please contact us by andreyz*devart*com e-mail.
After purchase, you will be able to download any version of dbExpress driver for SQL Server in Registered Users' Area (secure*devart*com).