MS SQL 2005 SSAS issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
niksloter

MS SQL 2005 SSAS issue

Post by niksloter » Tue 15 Jun 2010 21:38

I have downloaded and installed dotConnect for MySql 5.80.140.0 trial version. We need to connect MS SQL 2005 SSAS cube with large MySql database. I was able to create Data Source and Data Source View and browse data. But when I create dimensions and measures and try to deploy project to Analysis Service Server I get this error:

Code: Select all

Processing Dimension Attribute 'Title' failed.
SELECT 
		DISTINCT
	[mydb_events].[title] AS [mydb_eventstitle0_0]
		FROM 
			(

SELECT *   FROM events
			)
		 AS [mydb_events]
Error Messages 1
				Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbCommand interface was being used: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[mydb_events].[title] AS [mydb_eventstitle0_0]
		FROM 
			(

S' at line 3.
I have read similar post about same error but it was from 2006 and in much older version http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 907fa90057 . Is the solution for this problem the same?
We really need some solution to connect SSAS and MySql because our customer required that we use MySql as Data Source for SSAS so we cannot use SSIS to import data in SQL 2005 database.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 17 Jun 2010 10:36

We've reproduced the problem, we will fix it in one of the nearest builds.

At the moment, please try placing the Devart.Data.MySql.xsl file to the
%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\%Your SQL Server Instance%\OLAP\bin\Cartridges\
and
%Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\DataWarehouseDesigner\UIRdmsCartridge\
folders. I will send the file to the address specified in your forum profile, please check that it was not blocked by your mail filter.

Please tell us if this helps.

niksloter

Post by niksloter » Mon 21 Jun 2010 16:56

Thank you for quick replay. I placed file as you sugested and it helped.
Your driver seems most complete and best solution out there for getting data from MySql and created OLAP-s with MS SSAS, so if we get this client we are buying your driver :).

dmariani

SSAS is putting brackets ([]) around table/column names

Post by dmariani » Thu 26 May 2011 18:47

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as described in this post. SSAS is place brackets around column and table names which is causing the SQL to fail. Can you share the workaround you offered in this post?

I am using the latest version (v6.3.6) of the MySql-Net driver.

Thanks.

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Fri 27 May 2011 17:12

I've sent you the file, please check that the letter was not blocked by your mail filter.