Conflictual applications (NET: ORA-03127)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
tinka

Conflictual applications (NET: ORA-03127)

Post by tinka » Thu 04 Jan 2007 16:40

Hi,

I'm currently developping 2 applications using dbexpress vcl and drivers products. I'm using Delphi 7 under Win2k and a remote Oracle 9i database (also running under Win2k).

One of my applications is a heavy client and the other is an ISAPI DLL for IIS (5.0). My problem is that both cannot connect to my Oracle database at the same time :(. I get a "NET: ORA-03127" (no new operations allowed until the active operation ends) error.

Both applications require user/password authentification when they are launched. User/passwords are stored in the oracle database. I can start one of the 2 applications, it connects to my oracle database, checks user/password combination and launches the application. When i try launching the second application (even after the 1st has finished its query), i get the "NET: ORA-03127" error message, and no actual connection is made to the oracle server :shock: (i checked the network traffic).

However, if i launch several instances of one of the 2 applications, they all connect to the database without any problem...

Has anyone had a similar problem or have an idea of the cause of this?

tinka

Post by tinka » Fri 05 Jan 2007 08:40

The latest driver corrects this.