Exception in thrown the dbExpress Oracle driver

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
costa

Exception in thrown the dbExpress Oracle driver

Post by costa » Mon 29 Jul 2013 21:55

Hi:

I have this weird exception that occurs only when I run my app in debug mode :

Thread Start: Thread ID: 5688. Process Pr.exe (1472)
First chance exception at $750FC41F. Exception class SocketException with message
'Cannot connect to server on host 'localhost':
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Socket Error Code: 10061($274D)'.

This is the link to a screenshot of the stack trace: Image

Do you know what's going on here?

It's not really an issue, everything works fine otherwise, but I was curious about what's happening.

Thanks

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Exception in thrown the dbExpress Oracle driver

Post by AlexP » Tue 30 Jul 2013 06:26

Hello,

We cannot reproduce the problem.
Please try reproducing the problem on a "clean" application only by placing the TSQLConnection component onto the form and configuring it in the same way as in your application. If the problem can be reproduced, please send this application to us.

costa

Post by costa » Thu 08 Aug 2013 23:10

Please download the project file from this link:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/353 ... ection.zip.

It will allow you to reproduce the problem. Please note the following:
- you need an oracle database to test the project (of course). We tested it on a Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 database.

- you need to compile the following procedure (you might get away without it, not sure 100%):

Code: Select all

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TestProcedure IS
tmpVar NUMBER;

BEGIN
 NULL;
END TestProcedure;
/
- you need to modify lines 33-35 of the DatabaseDataModule.pas file to enter the information relative to your db
- you need to run the project in debug mode

The weird thing is that, if you remove the SQLMonitor object, it works fine, if you activate the SQLMonitor object it also works fine. So, the SQLMonitor object seems to have an effect (it is linked to the connection) even though it is not active.

I hope you have all the info you need now.

Thanks

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Fri 09 Aug 2013 11:27

Hello,

If the SQLMonitor.Active option is set to True and the DBMonitor application is not running, the error will occur only when starting the IDE; if the application is run via the EXE file, the error will not occur independently on whether DBMonitor is running or not.

We have already fixed the problem, the fix will be included to the next version

costa

Post by costa » Fri 09 Aug 2013 17:43

When is the next version going to be released? Can we get a patch if we contact you? We have a license with source code.

Thanks

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 12 Aug 2013 09:15

Hello,

Please send us your license number and e-mail to alexp*devart*com in order for me to send you the fixed version of dbExpress driver for Oracle.

dataplan

Post by dataplan » Tue 17 Jun 2014 08:31

In which version exactly is this error fixed? We have version 6.2 and the problem is even worse: Everytime a connection is made or a query is opened, this exception occurs during debugging when SQLTracing is activated. The problem occurs in MS SQLServer driver too.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 18 Jun 2014 08:13

This problem was fixed in the version 6.3.4. You can download the latest trial version from our website http://www.devart.com/dbx/oracle/download.html and and check it on your project.