ORA-00952 - Table or view does not exist

ORA-00952 - Table or view does not exist

Postby denvers » Wed 17 Aug 2005 11:52

Hi.

I have recently downloaded a trial version of your product and am most impressed ;)

Could you please assist me with the following error as i have just began migrating to DBExpress.

I have a TSQLDataset component with the type set to ctTable, the Schema name set to the Schema name and the table name set.
I have an associated TDatasetprovider as well as aTClientDataset component linked.

The data displays fine in the data-aware component but calling the TClientDatasets Apllyupdates method raises the ORA-00952 error.

If i however, change the TableName property of the TSQLDAtaset to include the schema in the .Table Name format, it works.

Any advice?
denvers

Postby Paul » Thu 18 Aug 2005 08:58

We cannot reproduce your problem with Delphi 7, DbxOda 2.50.5, Oracle server and client 9.2.0.1. with default settings of aTClientDataset, TSQLDataset, TDatasetprovider.
Possibly this problem depends on your particular table. Please check final SQL that was sent to server. Add and activete TSQLMonitor component.
Send us please small demo project to demonstrate the problem and include script to create server objects to DbxOda support address.
Paul

Same Error - With Stored Procedures too

Postby DenversAgain » Tue 20 Sep 2005 08:24

Hi there. I am still evaluating your dbexpress library but unfortunately the trial period has expired.
We have worked around the previous error by specifying the CommandText property to include the schema name ala ..
The SQL generated swopped the two resulting in the error.

We are now testing your lib on another developers PC testing stored procedures.
Here the error with the Schema Name and Package name rears its ugly head. The error occurs using both your and Borlands driver.
The Oracle error raised is Package does not exist. The Package is valid and compiled.

Running on Windows XP Service Pack 2, Delphi 7 (patched from Borland), Oracle Client 9.2.0.1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DenversAgain

Postby Paul » Tue 20 Sep 2005 12:12

DbxOda driver does not generate final SQL statement. Please see the SQL text that is executed (using TSQLMonitor). Try to execute this SQL in SQL*Plus. Please write us if the error remains.
Try to remove from stored procedure call.
Paul

Postby DenversAgain » Tue 20 Sep 2005 12:50

Hi Paul. Thanks for the response.

The SQLMonitor error displays the statement as "Execute ..Procedure. This obviosuly raises a error.

I can remove the Schema Name but i will have to create a public synonym for the package in Oracle to be able to allow users to access it.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
DenversAgain

Postby Paul » Tue 20 Sep 2005 13:10

How did you receive this compound name? The normal sequence is
"Execute ..Procedure"
Paul

Postby Paul » Tue 20 Sep 2005 13:24

Possibly your SQL is valid Oracle query. Try to execute it in SQL*Plus.
Try to execute the following

Code: Select all
ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA =
Execute .Procedure
Paul

Postby Denvers » Wed 21 Sep 2005 07:50

Hi Paul.

The generated sql, .. is what i get from logging output from a TSQLMonitor component.

Clearly the schema name and package name is being swapped for some reason. I could alter the session and change the schema or i could create a public synonym for the package but this seems a bit absurd as i will now be using the database to solve some dumb bug.

Ever seen this anywhere before?
Denvers

Postby Paul » Sun 02 Oct 2005 18:05

Could you send us demo project to demonstrate the problem to DbxOda support address and include scripts for creating server objects.
Paul

Return to dbExpress driver for Oracle

Copyright © 1998 - @DateTime.Now.Year Devart. All rights reserved.