Maximum field number exceeded

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
cmagno

Maximum field number exceeded

Post by cmagno » Thu 26 Feb 2009 15:27

Hi everybody. I'm working with Delphi 7 and dbExpress driver for Oracle 4.40. The application works perfectly on Windows Server 2003 but when I run it on Windows Server 2008 the troubles appear. I use a procedure to open the application datasets in execution time. Something like this...

Code: Select all

procedure AbrirDataset(Data: TDataset; SQL: String);
  begin
      Data.Close;
      if Data is TSimpleDataSet then
          TSimpleDataSet(Data).DataSet.CommandText := SQL
      else if Data is TSQLQuery then begin
          TSQLQuery(Data).SQL.Clear;
          TSQLQuery(Data).SQL.Add(SQL);
      end;
      Data.Open;
  end;
I'm using TSimpleDataSet components but when it executes the Open method, it raises the exception "Maximum field number exceeded". What does it mean? And how can I fix it?. I really appreciate your help.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Fri 27 Feb 2009 08:48

This is a special trial limitation that exists only in the driver that I have sent you by e-mail. You cannot open queries that return more that 10 fields.

The normal trial driver does not have such limitation. It has 30-day trial period instead. The check for trial period is embedded in the driver using AsProtect application. We suspect that driver does not work on Windows 2008 because of AsProtect. So that I have sent you the driver without trial period (this driver was not processed by AsProtect) but with another trial limitation.

This driver is intended only to test if it works on Windows 2008. Please check if you can connect with both drivers: normal driver from our site and the modified driver I have sent you, and notify us about the results.

cmagno

Post by cmagno » Fri 27 Feb 2009 14:16

Thanks for your answer. I downloaded your driver again (dbExpress driver 4.40 for Oracle) and now it works perfectly. I could connect to the database, I worked with the applicacion and it didn't raise any exception. With the driver you sent me it connected to the DB but later it raised an exception. So, If I buy your driver I won't have any problem, will I?. Thanks again.

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Fri 27 Feb 2009 14:23

Yes, if you buy the driver, you will not have these problems.