problem with oracle driver (Connection)

problem with oracle driver (Connection)

Postby Carlos Glez » Tue 07 Oct 2008 18:49

I download the trial version of oracle driver (Dbexpress) but I can't make the connection with my database, y write in the connection settings the user, password an database (192.1.0.106\database\WRXJDATA.DBF) but send me an error "TNS could not resolve the conect identifier specified "
could you tell me what is te problem?

Thanks, your friend Carlos...
Carlos Glez

Postby Plash » Thu 09 Oct 2008 07:58

You should assign the name of TNS alias (from tnsnames.ora file) to the Database parameter.

If you are using Oracle Direct driver, you should assign a value to the Database parameter in the format: Host:Port:SID
Plash
Devart Team

Connection problem

Postby mvodevart » Fri 09 Jul 2010 14:22

Hi,

I am currently trying the dbExpress driver.

First of all, I've been trying to open the connection using the string builder, but port does not look to be a member of [OracleConnectionStringBuilder] as it is described in the doc.

Then after, I tried connecting using the following connection string:
Code: Select all
"Data Source=VIRTUAL_WIN2K3; Port=1521; User Id=system; Password=password; SID=ORA1; Connection Timeout=5; Direct=True"

but I always get the error: Cannot obtain Oracle client information from registry. Make sure that Oracle Client Software is installed, or use Direct mode of connecting to server.

As I don't want the Oracle client to be installed on the machine, I would like the Direct mode, which is specified I think; however, does not look to work...

Where am I wrong?

Thanks in advance[/code]
mvodevart

Postby mvodevart » Mon 12 Jul 2010 12:55

Maybe my question is a bit silly, but I did not succeed so far to connect the Oracle server.

So it would be nice to tell me how to solve the issue so I could continue my tests and check if I could suggest my Company to buy the driver...

Thanks in advance for your support.
mvodevart

Postby mvodevart » Tue 13 Jul 2010 08:25

For those experiencing the same problem in the future: dbExpress for Oracle does not look supporting Direct Access.

I have downloaded the trial version, which is the professional one, and suddenly there were no problem any more...
mvodevart

Return to dbExpress driver for Oracle