CLOB fields

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
chkaufmann

CLOB fields

Post by chkaufmann » Tue 02 Oct 2007 05:26

Hi,

with the DBX 4 driver, fields of the type CLOB are returned as ftMemo and not as ftOraClob anymore.

Before I change all my code I would like to know, if this is a mistake or if this is the default behaviour for the driver now.

cu Christian

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Tue 02 Oct 2007 08:34

ftOraClob fields cannot be used with the DBX 4 because of a bug in dbExpress. Therefore our driver creates ftMemo fields instead.

This bug is fixed in the Update Pack 3 of Delphi 2007. In the next build of DbxOda, ftOraClob fields will be created, and the next build will require the Update Pack 3.

chkaufmann

Post by chkaufmann » Tue 02 Oct 2007 08:59

Plash wrote:ftOraClob fields cannot be used with the DBX 4 because of a bug in dbExpress. Therefore our driver creates ftMemo fields instead
Ok. I could live with that, but the following insert statement fails:

insert into BSGLOBAL (DATA,NAME) values (empty_clob(),:PNAME) returning DATA into :PDATA

Either with Param.DataType = ftMemo I get an error and with Param.DataType = ftOraClob the value inserted to the field contains an extra character.

Do you see any workarround for that? And when do you plan to publish a new release of your driver?

I have Upd 3 installed.

cu Christian

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Tue 02 Oct 2007 10:10

This problem occurs because the current version of our driver is not compatible with Update Pack 3.
We are planning to release the new DbxOda build in a week.