dclcrdbx105.bpl unloaded after Delphi2007 for win32 Update 3

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
chrispaskins

dclcrdbx105.bpl unloaded after Delphi2007 for win32 Update 3

Post by chrispaskins » Thu 13 Sep 2007 14:03

I've just installed Update 3 for Delphi 2007 for win32.

Afterwards Delphi started complaining about dclcrdbx105.bpl.

I've tried to reinstalling dclcrdbx105.bpl but get these messages:

---------------------------
CodeGear Delphi for Microsoft Windows: bds.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point @Dbxdynalink@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library DbxCommonDriver100.bpl.
OK

folowed by:

CodeGear Delphi for Microsoft Windows
Can't load package C:\Program Files\CodeGear\addon\CoreLab\DbxOda\Delphi11\dclcrdbx105.bpl.

The specified procedure could not be found.
OK

I notice the DbxCommonDriver100.bpl in the windows/system32 folder has changed with update 3.

Has anyone got dclcrdbx105.bpl components installed with update 3?? In which case I'll start playing around with it a bit more, until then I'm stuck. I've got no TCRSQLConnection..

Regards
Chris

bbts

Post by bbts » Thu 13 Sep 2007 16:54

If you have the Source version, just recompile dclcrdbx105.dproj

In my case, I rebuilt C:\Program Files\CoreLab\DbxOda\Source\Delphi11\dclcrdbx105.dproj, and then put the resulting dclcrdbx105.bpl in C:\Program Files\CoreLab\DbxOda\Delphi11. Then restart Delphi. If you choose to Uninstall dclcrdbx105, now you should be able to install it without error.

chrispaskins

Post by chrispaskins » Thu 13 Sep 2007 20:27

I suspected the answer might be that. I don't have the source code so this isn't a solution for me right now (but I will pay up to the good people at corelab for it 'cos they do a very good job).

I dropped this one in to the forum for all those Delphi users that are wondering whether installing update 3 was a job that would fix stuff rather than break everything.

Note, I didn't have this problem with either update 1 or 2 so beware all of you with compiled only corelab components who are considering applying Update 3.

Chris

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Mon 17 Sep 2007 08:43

The TCRSQLConnection component under Delphi 2007 is exactly the same as the standard TSQLConnection component, and it is provided for backward compatibility only. You can replace TCRSQLConnection with TSQLConnection, and use the Params property of TSQLConnection to set extended driver options.

We'll include source code for the dclcrdbx105 package in the next build of DbxOda. So that you will be able to recompile it.