Conflict with DBX3 drivers?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for Oracle in Delphi and C++Builder
chkaufmann

Conflict with DBX3 drivers?

Post by chkaufmann » Mon 10 Sep 2007 14:38

Hi,

I use the latest driver with D2007 and it works fine.

Now I have an application, that connects to a Firebird database and an Oracle database. For Firebird I use the upscene interxpress driver, which runs on DBX 3 with the adapter DLL.

Now if both databases are Firebird and/or Oracle everything works fine. But if I connect to an FB and Oracle at the same time, then I can start the Firebird connection, but for the Oracle connection I get a "invalid connection string" error.

Any ideas? Could it be, because interxpress driver still uses DBX3?

cu Christian

chkaufmann

Post by chkaufmann » Tue 11 Sep 2007 07:18

I did some more tests.

It's always the first database where I can connect, the connection to the other database then fails.

I tried to replace the Upscene FB driver with the Corelab InterBase/Firebird driver. I still have the same problem.

Difficult to understand for me, because this worked absolutely fine with DBX in Delphi 6.0.

cu Christian

Plash
Devart Team

Post by Plash » Wed 12 Sep 2007 12:28

We could not reproduce the problem. Please send to odac*crlab*com a complete small sample that demonstrates the problem, including script to create server objects.

chkaufmann

Post by chkaufmann » Fri 14 Sep 2007 11:31

I posted an example in borland.public.delphi.database.dbexpress

Topic "Using DBX4 and DBX3 driver in same application"

I use databases Firebird 1.5 and Oracle 9. No need for DDL since already the Open statement of the connection fails.

cu Christian

chkaufmann

Post by chkaufmann » Fri 14 Sep 2007 14:00

chkaufmann wrote:I posted an example in borland.public.delphi.database.dbexpress

Topic "Using DBX4 and DBX3 driver in same application"
I tried one more test with your Firebird driver. Same behaviour, second connection fails.

Since it is not a Corelab specific problem and other parties may be involved / interested, please post in the topic I opened in the CodeGear forum.

Thanks

cu Christian