Filtering with BETWEEN

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding Virtual Data Access Components for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
sde

Filtering with BETWEEN

Post by sde » Tue 06 Oct 2015 21:01

Hi,

In the virtual table documentation it mentions that we can use any of the filtering keywords that you can in SQL. This appears to be true for everything except "BETWEEN." That is, I can use "<", ">", "LIKE", "IN", etc just fine but I get an error if I try to use the sql syntax for between.

Is this an error in implementation or in documentation? I am working on the documentation for my own app and wanted to know if I should include the BETWEEN keyword or not.

Thanks!
SDE

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Filtering with BETWEEN

Post by AlexP » Wed 07 Oct 2015 07:11

Hello,

For the time being, filter in VirtualTable doesn't support the BETWEEN operator. We will consider the possibility to add this operator in one of the next versions.

sde

Post by sde » Wed 07 Oct 2015 20:35

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response! If you do decide to include it, do you have a timeframe on when that would be? I'll be releasing the next version of my app around 05/2016, so if there's no chance of it being added before then, I'll remove it from my documentation.

Thanks!
SDE

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 12 Oct 2015 08:39

This feature is included ion our roadmap, however, we can't tell the exact terms of its implementation.