MysqlDAC or DbxMDA

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
ubay

MysqlDAC or DbxMDA

Post by ubay » Wed 16 Mar 2005 09:24

Hi all

Right now im using DbExpress component in C++ Kylix 3. And oh its so hard to work .. :( ! i cant get it work perfectly .

So now im looking for new library..
MysqlDAC or DbxMDA ? which one do you suggest ?

and what about multithread issues ?? nothing serious right ?

please enlight me..
thanks

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Wed 16 Mar 2005 12:43

dbExpress technology serves for most possible unification of accessing different servers (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle and so on). It is Based on drivers including all specific of working with the certain server. As any universal tool, at the most specific cases dbExpress loses to specialized methods. For example, dbExpress design-time is quite poor and couldn't be expanded.

MyDAC is a specialized set of components to access MySQL Server with advanced design-time, with interface similar to BDE-components.

We tried to implement maximum support of MySQL in MyDAC and DbxMda, but at the last one, dbExpress technology puts restrictions.

MyDAC and DbxMda use the same kernel, as a result they have similar performance.

Verdict: if a possibility to re-build your application fast from using MySQL to another server is important for you, you'd better use DbxMda. At the rest cases, especially on migration from BDE or ADO, you should use MyDAC.

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Wed 16 Mar 2005 13:47

> and what about multithread issues ?? nothing serious right ?

MyDAC and DbxMda allow to create multithread applications.

Post by Guest » Thu 17 Mar 2005 07:32

thanks..great answer

i 'll try dbxmda first
and then mydac