Dump and boolean fields - version 3.30

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
mvalent

Dump and boolean fields - version 3.30

Post by mvalent » Fri 05 Nov 2004 09:12

Hi,
I copy here the problem submitted to support :
I kept the boolean fields and changed my delphi program accordingly but now I have another problem and I feel it is a bug of MyDac...
I use your dump / restore component and it was working very well so far. Now, with this new version of MyDac, I noticed that the boolean fields are not correctly restored.
In the sql dump code, '-1' became 'True' and for an unknown reason, your restore component is not restoring it so all the restored boolean fields are now 'false' !
What can I do ?
-marc-

Ikar

Re: Dump and boolean fields - version 3.30

Post by Ikar » Fri 05 Nov 2004 09:50

Thank you for information.
We reproduced your problem and fixed it. This fix will be included
in the next MyDAC build. It will be available in about one month.

JohnGalt

Update schedule?

Post by JohnGalt » Wed 17 Nov 2004 16:09

Hi there,
I 'm having this problem too, and it is actually a fairly serious problem for me. What is CoreLab's policy on bug fixes? It seems to me that if you have confirmed this as a bug, and are able to reproduce (and fix) it, you should be posting the fix immediately, especially for those of us who have not purchased the source and can't fix it ourselves.

Can you please tell me what your policy is on issuing bug fixes and updating your binaries? Do you only do it once a month at most? If this is the case, I will hold off installing any major releases to production until well after you've released it and everyone else has done your bug testing for you.

I love and really value your components, but telling your user community that you have a) reproduced a bug that seriously alters previous behavior and b) are deliberately not releasing a fix, is a terrible way to treat us.

My two cents.

mvalent

Post by mvalent » Wed 17 Nov 2004 16:41

I don't have the source code and cannot fix the problem myself.
But I can wait for the end of the month to get an update, however I also feel this bug is serious and a fix should be available faster.

Ikar

Re: Update schedule?

Post by Ikar » Thu 18 Nov 2004 12:38

A release of a new build takes some time as we need to update ODAC, SDAC and MyDAC simultaneously. As usual we make build once a month. In the case of critical errors, more often.

The next build is intended at the next week.