MyDac + Intraweb demo

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
SergioFeitoza

MyDac + Intraweb demo

Post by SergioFeitoza » Thu 29 Sep 2016 14:44

I am looking for a component to buy immediately that enables me to use it in my Delphi Seattle 10 to link my code do a MySQL database (local or remote)
Reading articles in Internet I understood that if I use MyDac with Intraweb I can do it
My intention is to buy MyDac immediately if it fit my needs. If I understood well what I read in your site it would a Single Professional edition

Reading a file found in Internet named MyDacDemoForm.pas I understood there is a demo on how to use MyDAC components as data sources for IntraWeb applications. It is written that this demo contains IntraWeb samples for setting up a connection, querying ' + 'a database and modifying data and working with CachedUpdates and MasterDetail relationships.
I think that seeing this demo I will know if MyDac is what I need

The questions are :
Where can I download this demo?
What I need to run it?

If possible, please give me a fast answer.

Kind Regards
Sergio Feitoza Costa
Phone: 55-21-3393.4600
[email protected]
Skype [email protected]

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: MyDac + Intraweb demo

Post by ViktorV » Fri 30 Sep 2016 10:13

To evaluate and test MyDAC, you can use our MyDAC Demo projects. For this, you can use MyDAC Trial Edition available for download at: https://www.devart.com/mydac/download.html
You can find the Demo projects in the %MyDACDemos%\ directory. %MyDACDemos% is the MyDAC Demo projects installation path on your computer. The path to MyDAC Demo projects is set during installation at the "Select Destination Location" step of the MyDAC installation wizard.

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Fri 30 Sep 2016 11:11

Thank you . I will do it this way

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 30 Sep 2016 13:53

Thank you for being interested in our products.
If you have any questions concerning our products, please don't hesitate to contact us - and we will try to help you resolve them.

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Thu 15 Dec 2016 21:46

I bought MyDac one week ago, for having the possibility of doing the things in the “demo Intraweb” (Third part demos).
My goal is to transform a code (Delphi Seattle) for desktop with a small MSAccess data base in a code that I could run in the browser (also converting the data base to MySql)
My problem is that when I open the demo I receive several error messages of the type:
Error reading IWserverControler.SessionTrackingMethod does not exist ….. IWserverControler.DestinationDevice does not exist ….. etc..
I know that MyDac and Intraweb are good tools but if they do not match in the demos it is obviously frustrating and, in my case a bad investment , as I cannot solve this.
Can Devart or Atozed or any of you users of this forum help me telling what should I do or indicating a demo which works .
If any of you have proved experience in doing the conversion above please write to my email [email protected] . It will possibly be cheaper to contract some hours of your work.
I thank you in advance.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 16 Dec 2016 10:22

Demo for IntraWeb included in MyDAC was built and tested using IntraWeb 7.2.14 for Delphi 2005. Demo is provided "as is", and there is no warranty that it is fully compatible with other versions of IntraWeb. IntraWeb 14 is used in the RAD Studio 10 Seattle. Using our example you can create a sample for the RAD Studio 10 Seattle by yourself.

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Fri 16 Dec 2016 19:05

Thank you Viktor.
Let me see if I understood your comment "using our example you can create a sample for the RAD Studio 10 Seattle by yourself "
I bought MyDac last week and I imagine that I am using the most recent myDac demos.
I opened MyDac demo Intraweb.dproj which is in the directory C:\Users\Public\Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio 10\Demos\ThirdParty\IntraWeb\IW7
When I try to compile it I receive a message [dcc32 Fatal Error] uBase.pas(8): F2613 Unit 'IWGrids' not found.
In the Uses clause in the unit uMasterDetail of the demo there are several other units ( **) which are , all of them, found. So , maybe this unit was replaced or moved recently by Atozed .

Could you run this demo succesfully ?
I thank you in advance for any help

( **)
Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms,
Dialogs, uBase, IWHTMLControls, IWCompLabel, IWControl, IWCompRectangle,
IWCompCheckbox, IWCompEdit, IWCompMemo, IWGrids, IWDBGrids, DB, MemDS,
DBAccess, MyAccess, IWDBStdCtrls, IWCompButton, IWContainer, IWRegion,
IWVCLBaseContainer, IWHTMLContainer, IWVCLBaseControl, IWBaseControl,
IWBaseHTMLControl;

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Sat 17 Dec 2016 12:20

I could advance in the demo which is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Devart\MyDAC for RAD Studio 10\Demos\ThirdParty\IntraWeb\IW7 named Intraweb.dproj
There is still a problem but before ask help on it here is something I did to solve my problem maybe can be useful to other people starting to use MyDac and Intraweb:

• IWExtCtrls is now IWCompExtCtrls
• IWGrids is now IWCompGrids
• IWTreeView is now IWCompTreeView
• IWJQueryWidget is now IWCompJQueryWidget
• IWProgressIndicator is now IWCompProgressIndicator
• IWSilverlight is now IWCompSilverlight
• IWAuther is now IWAutherBase

After correcting the above and also bypassing (commenting) the calls to units IWCSStdCtrls, IWClientSideDatasetBase, IWClientSideDatasetDBLink, IWDynGrid (could not find where they are to know if some name changed) I could compile the Intraweb.dproj and also run it
However when it is running (in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge) a message comes and we can not go ahaed. When using FireFox the message is:

Restricted Address This address specifies a network port commonly used for purposes other than web browsing. For your protection, Firefox canceled the request.
I found in Internet how to solve this but is necessary to specify a port . The question is : which port ??
When I run and it stopos in the message the folowing appear in the browser address http://127.0.0.1:0/$/start

Please try to help me on this

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Sun 18 Dec 2016 10:45

A complement:
Looking better to the code of the demo there is something that I do not understand there
Who is the IWmain called by the program?
Should be fmMain instead ?

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Sun 18 Dec 2016 22:38

I went to the ServerController and settled the Port property to 8888 ( and after to 3306). Before it was zero there. It compliled and runned but instaead of opening something a different message came: For Firefox the message was " Firefox was unable to establish a connection to the 127.0.0.1:8888 server." I tried also with Internet Explorer and Edge and more or less the same messages. I am using Intraweb version 14.1.3 updated few days ago. Do anyone succeeded running this demo recently?
Any demo with a single Form plus a Mysql database is welcome

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Mon 19 Dec 2016 14:12

At present demo for IntraWeb included in MyDAC was built and tested using IntraWeb 7.2.14. We will consider a possibility of creating demo compatible with IntraWeb 14.1.3 and inform you as soon as we receive some results. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you the exact time frames.

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Mon 19 Dec 2016 19:39

A doubt : in this demo where is the MySql data base located (The path to arrive in it) ?
Looking for the code I cannot identify where it is

SergioFeitoza

Post by SergioFeitoza » Tue 20 Dec 2016 11:20

As I mentioned in some previous post my intention is to convert a small code with a single MSAccess data base (ADO components - local) to a code in which I replace the database by MySql

My intention was to have this new code running in the browser but maybe the idea of using MyDac with Intraweb is above my knowledge . So I will try at first to maintain "local" and just to change the database from MSAccess to MySql. I tried to use the MyDac Migration Wizard . It runned and at the end did nnot change anything . Can anyone help me on this ? I can make available the current source code I want to convert

By the way, do any of you have experience with the Mida Converter ( VCL to Intraweb) ?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 21 Dec 2016 11:00

Migration Wizard allows to migrate only from BDE. We sent you a demo project demonstrating the work with MyDAC and compatible with InraWeb 14. IntraWeb demo demonstrates shared use of MyDAC components with IntraWeb components. But the main functionality of this demo project is based on IntraWeb components work. We only answer technical questions related to our components use. Therefore, if you have any questions on our products please contact us, otherwise IntraWeb tech support.
We deleted the link because it does not meet our company's policy. The forum may contain links only to official sites.

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Tue 03 Jul 2018 10:26

We implemented the sample of using MyDAC and IntraWeb 14. It will be included in the next build of MyDAC.