Feature Request : Add an "Execute Script" entry when right clicking on a TMyQuery

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
swierzbicki

Feature Request : Add an "Execute Script" entry when right clicking on a TMyQuery

Post by swierzbicki » Fri 06 Jan 2006 09:07

Hi,

I'm working a lot with tempory tables.
I'm a little bit borred for retreiving Fields (right click / Fields editor / Select All fields) since it doesn't really works.

But I found a workarround for this :

First Step
in the SQL property I first put my create temporary table statement and then set the TMyQuery Active property to True. I'll get an error as I didn't write a SELECT statement, nevertheless, the query was executed and the temporary table created.

Second Step
in the SQL property I replace the create temp table statement with a Select statement (select * from temptable). I'm now able to retreive fields from the temporary table.

This is a little bit annoying. Is it possible to add an "Execute Script" to the TmyQuery ? , so that I will be able to handle the temporary tables with more ease ?

GEswin

Post by GEswin » Fri 06 Jan 2006 10:34

Hi, I add myself to this request too, i often find this situation and I end up doing the same as Swierzbicki.

Many thanks

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Fri 06 Jan 2006 12:51

If you use MySQL server newer than 4.0 you can simply open (Active :=
True) query with SQL like following:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE aaa(q int); SELECT * FROM aaa

swierzbicki

Post by swierzbicki » Tue 10 Jan 2006 13:23

All right ! This is well working, as I understand, the final statement must be of the "Select" type.

Nevertheless, will you implement this "asked" feature or not ?

Thank you ,

B.R.

S Wierzbicki

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Tue 10 Jan 2006 16:18

For which reason you can't use "Execute" button in MyQuery Editor?